Fault when importing picture form Canon 6D to Lightroom

Yves Smit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I hope someone might be able to help me. I am having a weird problem. This only occurs once in a while and does not seem to relate to something. When I import my pictures from my Canon 6D into Lightroom something goes wrong. On the camera the picture is fine so it must be something with importing to my macbook. I have added one of the faulty pictures to this post. Hopefully someone knows what's happening. Is the camera broken? Memory card? Lightroom problem? Thanks for any advice!
Greetings,

Yves
20160830untitled139.jpg

Do you delete image files in the camera?

If you do, the camera tries to reuse the memory locations the deleted image(s) occupy. In other words deleted images are not erased. All that changes is the file allocation table (FAT) shows the memory locations as available again and the image data already at those memory locations gets written over with the new image data.
Image content determines the image file size and a new image being written to the again available memory locations will probably be a different file size which doesn't fit the memory space previously allocated and results in a corrupted image file.

The cure - Don't delete image files in the camera.

ie, between uses make sure you reformat the memory card in the camera.

Import via card reader not from the camera. Reformat card in camera afterward, once you are satisfied you have all the photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back