Fauxtographer status confirmed

Archer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to update everyone. I'm maintaining my status of fauxtographer extremely well.

Drove an hour away to shoot my kids in the bluebonnets. ~300 pics at iso 1600 on a beautiful sunny day.

My wife can't see the difference (she didn't understand why I didn't want to shoot at 1:00 on a sunny day either). I can't see past the grain. I was voted down on a redo.

Oh well

Do some noise reduction and prints - chances are I bet you won't even see the noise in the prints. Provided that the exposures themselves were good the high ISO shouldn't be too much a problem (its when you combine high ISO with low lighting that you really see the damage of the high noise levels).

The accidental choice of ISO 1600 in bright springtime sunshine sets you right up there with the leading fauxtographers! The fact that a re-shoot has been nixed, and that the original shoot was over 300 shots AND was conducted after an over one-hour drive are simply bonus factors!!!! You rock dude!

I once shot a 10+ s exposure of a beach at night, at 3200 :hug::

it looked like daytime.

This thread is funny :) At least you know you did something weird with your exposure. Most fauxtographers wouldn't notice ;)

Just wanted to update everyone. I'm maintaining my status of fauxtographer extremely well.

Drove an hour away to shoot my kids in the bluebonnets. ~300 pics at iso 1600 on a beautiful sunny day.

My wife can't see the difference (she didn't understand why I didn't want to shoot at 1:00 on a sunny day either). I can't see past the grain. I was voted down on a redo.

Oh well

Post some pics and we could probably help salvage some of them. Or you can keep being the only guest at your pity party.

Oh well

Post some pics and we could probably help salvage some of them. Or you can keep being the only guest at your pity party.

I think he was posting this more as a public service announcement and less as a "pity me" thread.

Oh well

I think he was posting this more as a public service announcement and less as a "pity me" thread.

Obviously you dont have kids. I would be devastated if this happened. Its hard to get everyone packed up and venture out three hours to come home and realize that your whole card of photos is compromised due to a small mistake.

No pity party. Just being humorous...

They're actually all salvageable. Just could have been better.

The rest of the story: Lost the whole series of my oldest by herself due to underexposure (not remotely salvageable). Swung around to catch some candids of my 3 yo in the bright sunshine. Didn't change my settings when I went back to her in the shade.

So we did a reshoot of her at a park by the house when we got home. Took a few shots and thought I'd bump the iso to 400 since we were in heavy shade. DOH! Realized I'd shot all the others at 1600.

Moral of the story: Thanks to you guys I shoot mostly in manual now. All could have been avoided by shooting in Auto or "Pro" mode.

:)

Pro mode, lol. Glad you could salvage them. Its a shame to lose good picks of your kids.

Most reactions

Back