Favorite beach or resort?

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is your favorite tropical beach or resort that you have been to? Have you been to any that were horrible? Or if you could go anywhere tropical where would it be?

Last edited:
Hamoa Beach, Hana, HI (Maui).

Elbow Beach, Bermuda.

EVERY tropical place I've ever been to is my favorite! :lmao:

How tropical are we talking here? Because even Charleston, SC probably seems "tropical" when you're in Illinois. :D
I love Charleston, it's one of my favorite places in general; Savannah, too.
I've been to beaches all over Florida--absolute favorite there is probably St. George Island because it's beautiful and a little remote, therefore less crowded than the Daytonas of the world.

The only TRUE tropics I've been to was a trip to Grand Cayman, Half Moon Cay and Bahamas/Nassau. Half Moon Cay--OoooLALA!! Awesome, awesome place! Again, part of the attraction to me was that it wasn't quite as touristy and populated as Nassau. Drop-dead gorgeous, though, and the weather--well, when I was there it was probably 110 in the shade (not that there WAS any shade, lol), and BRIGHT; honestly, that's what I really remember, how bright it was. Even with sunglasses on, I found myself squinting sometimes.

My dream tropical destination is Belize, and maybe Costa Rica.
I'd also love to go to the Galapagos Islands, but I think that's not truly tropical either. But it's hot, and it's beautiful--good enough for me.

Favorite beach.
Near lighthouse (and nuclear reactor, closed) in Rincon, PR.

My first wife's family had a weekend house on the road that runs along the beach and we were there every vacation and summers when I was in dental school.
That was before the surfers discovered it and the beach was always deserted.
I was the only non-Spanish speaker in the town back then.

nuclearpowerplant.jpg~original

I'm from Miami, FL... so tropical places aren't exactly at the top of my list for vacationing I guess. lol

Currently, Playa Norte on Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Fairly inexpensive, lots to do, good food, sugar white sand, warm crystal clear water! Whale sharks to snorkel with in July and August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, Playa Norte on Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Fairly inexpensive, lots to do, good food, sugar white sand, warm crystal clear water! Whale sharks to snorkel with in July and August.

On our honeymoon trip to Mexico, we did the "Booze Cruise" from Cancun to Isla Mujeres. Got Montezuma's revenge the next day. We think it was the food. Gasp--you do NOT want to get that. It was brutal! :puke:

PR has a lot of really cool beaches.

Here are a few shots from Dorado and some other place right past it and one from a place by Humacao.

$dr1.jpg$dr2.jpg$dr3.jpg$pr3.jpg

Favorite: Sofitel or any beach south of Cooks Bay Moorea. Craziest: Trinity Beach in Australia... got about 5 things that can KILL you by merely getting into the water to escape the heat... (when I was there 2 people already had been eaten by salt water crocs earlier that year)

I feel like a yokel as I have never been anywhere tropical.

On our honeymoon trip to Mexico, we did the "Booze Cruise" from Cancun to Isla Mujeres. Got Montezuma's revenge the next day. We think it was the food. Gasp--you do NOT want to get that. It was brutal! :puke:

In ALL of Mexico (and all the way to South America in general), You do have to be careful what you eat and drink.. and a BooZe Cruise sounds like the perfect place to get a bug. The Island itself does not have any issues, as long as you don't drink the tap water.

And if you are drinking heavy, you are more likely to eat something you shouldn't have! ;) lol! Not to mention get dehydrated in a very hot climate.

I love this beach! Isla Mujeres is a very nice island. My favorite resort is the Iberostar Paraiso Maya near Playa del Carmen.

Most reactions

Back