Favorite Locations

Luke345678

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! It's been a couple days since I've posted in this part of the forums but I'm back. I have a very quick and simple question but as always I love hearing everyones opinions.

Where is your favorite location to photograph?

Now I know the answer would vary because is it for a portrait, landscape, cityscape, ect.

If you just had to pick up your camera and go one place, where would you go?

I make photographs wherever I go. Genre...whatever presents itself to me while I am there.

That's a tough one to answer because, as you said, different locations offer different photo opportunities. having said that, I have always enjoyed shooting the cityscapes and people in New Orleans. But I take my cameras everywhere and shoot what catches my eye.

Wherever the background doesn't have a rail, trashcan, oddly placed tree, glare from cars, light pole, object that makes a weird shape when thrown out of focus.

Yeah...anywhere without those things.

What Bitter said.

You should be able to make at least 1 really good photo of something that is within 10 feet of you, wherever you happen to be.

What Bitter said.

You should be able to make at least 1 really good photo of something that is within 10 feet of you, wherever you happen to be.

Get's a bit hard when your stuck in a classroom for seven hours every week day, lol. No all jokes aside I understand what your saying. It is hard sometimes when I'm stuck in school but I manage to always make something out. It won't be an amazing photo but it will be okay. Thanks for the reply! :D

Monticello MN during the winter and the Swans are there. Wabasha, MN during the winter when the Mississippi is frozen over and the Eagles have to find an area free of Ice and migrate to Wabasha. I love it there. Also during October and November at Hawk Ridge (Duluth), MN where all the Hawks and Eagles for the midwest for the most part flyby there for their migration runs as they do not fly over large bodies of water and avoid the Lake Superior. :)

Get's a bit hard when your stuck in a classroom for seven hours every week day, lol. No all jokes aside I understand what your saying. It is hard sometimes when I'm stuck in school but I manage to always make something out. It won't be an amazing photo but it will be okay. Thanks for the reply! :D

Here is a photo I made during a between class break of a sign on the wall in the hallway at my local junior college:
LeaningTower.jpg

Here is another one made between classes at school that is from the inside of a Bobcat loader's bucket I walked by 3 days a week:
PlutoniumStrontium90Spill.jpg

This chair is just inside the main entrance to the school:

LucifersChairMatWm.jpg

I made this one on my way home from school. The animal tracks in the snow in the lower right of the photo is a deer trail that gets used in the mornings and evenings.

2-22-2010D90Misc_0007-1.jpg

And, I shot this one on my way to school on a morning we had had a freezing fog.

FrznFogBigma1_28-9_09_0101.jpg

Last edited:
There is a pier about 9 miles from where I live that is great for people watching.

$1 for an all-day spectator pass! :)

Hello everyone! It's been a couple days since I've posted in this part of the forums but I'm back. I have a very quick and simple question but as always I love hearing everyones opinions.

Where is your favorite location to photograph?

Now I know the answer would vary because is it for a portrait, landscape, cityscape, ect.

If you just had to pick up your camera and go one place, where would you go?

I would tell you, but then I would have to poke your eyes out with a stick and cut your tongue out so you couldn't revel the location. :lmao:

I am always on the hunt for photos, but near me there is an old railroad and it seems no matter what season, or what the weather, I can take decent photos there. And then there is my farm; for better or worse, it is all I have, and all I ever will have, but I can typically find something to take a picture of; like this old harrow sitting in a snow drift yesterday.

8326426471_69a746d697_z.jpg
[/URL] Orchard Harrow in the Snow [/IMG]

Quebec City in February.

I love natural light, especially during the golden hour. I love backlighting my subjects. So anyplace or anywhere that I can get that specific look then I am on it. I have multiple places that are just amazing certain times of the year for portraits. I also like to shoot a little bit of glam in junky areas. This is what I do in my spare time to "play". Which is rare. Like this.
$IMG_0244-Edit.jpg

I mostly love the nature sides with a lot of greenery and the beach side. There are many more but these two are my favourite places.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back