Favorite Post Processing Software?

Which Post Processing software do you prefer?

• Aperture

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Photoshop

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Lightroom

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • DxO Optics Pro

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

gryffinwings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I've been wondering, what everyone else uses for post processing and why, I've been sampling different ones to see what I like, I've tried the following.

Aperture 2 - Great Program, easy to use, only issue is you have to have the right version or you end up needing to use Adobe DNG Converter.
Photoshop CS 5.1 (Camara Raw) - Good Program, not as easy to use and can be confusing in my opinion, but that's due to all the things you can do with photoshop. Also not a fan of having to search for features, feels like a lot of menu diving.
Lightroom - Not a fan, I found that the adjustment interface a hassel, mainly because I like slide bars and not having to keep clicking to make my adjustments.
DxO Optics Pro 7.0 - This is a pretty cool program, just started messing with it, very automated, automatically corrects for lens, sometimes need to download updates for your particular camera/lens combo, which is fine by me. So far it works pretty nicely, even has a bunch of presets that look pretty awesome to me, especially a preset for vivid, which looks like how I would adjust my photos too.

we use photoshop CS5 and lightroom 4. definitely heavier on the lightroom. we have a green screen program that runs through photoshop that gets used from time to time as well, but that might count as a photoshop vote.

Capture NX2.

My preferred raw converter is Capture 1.

For editing after conversion I use Photoshop.

Joe

So I've been wondering, what everyone else uses for post processing and why, I've been sampling different ones to see what I like, I've tried the following.

Aperture 2 - Great Program, easy to use, only issue is you have to have the right version or you end up needing to use Adobe DNG Converter.
Photoshop CS 5.1 (Camara Raw) - Good Program, not as easy to use and can be confusing in my opinion, but that's due to all the things you can do with photoshop. Also not a fan of having to search for features, feels like a lot of menu diving.
Lightroom - Not a fan, I found that the adjustment interface a hassel, mainly because I like slide bars and not having to keep clicking to make my adjustments.
DxO Optics Pro 7.0 - This is a pretty cool program, just started messing with it, very automated, automatically corrects for lens, sometimes need to download updates for your particular camera/lens combo, which is fine by me. So far it works pretty nicely, even has a bunch of presets that look pretty awesome to me, especially a preset for vivid, which looks like how I would adjust my photos too.

Lightroom has sliders... in the Develop module, buttons in the Library module but you aren't really supposed to use the Library module for editing.

Lightroom has sliders... in the Develop module, buttons in the Library module but you aren't really supposed to use the Library module for editing.

My mistake, I didn't mess with it much, I'll have to revisit it again then and give it a go. Thanks for the info.

The most current releases of LR and PS are what I use, and have for many years now. When they upgrade, I upgrade, then take a course on how to best work with the new release.

Because I've taken actual, comprehensive courses on how to use them, and have been using PS for about 14 years and LR since it came out, I don't stumble around in a shotgun approach, searching through Google or Youtube or "menu diving" to try to figure out how to accomplish something on the fly, and I don't find them to be "a hassle" at all. From my POV, they're easy and intuitive to work with, are the absolute cream of the crop, and nothing beats them.

I use Lightroom 3 for most of it; I'll pull up Photoshop CS4 when I need to do more than the basics or need layers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back