Favorite reference site for dSLR questions

Redeye.Photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys and Gals, I created a website for rookies of dslr photography.

it is DSLR ROOKIE

What are some other sites that you guys find are good. I wanna keep developing my site and need to know what other successful sites are doing.

Thanks for the help

Here is really the best site, or just learn by myself. Good luck with the site.

It's not a big deal for a "newbie" site but not all dSLRs have the "mode dial"-- at least the D2x, D2h, and the Canon 1 series do not. Like I said, not a big deal but it could be confusing to someone I suppose.

I don't tend to go looking for advice type information outside of a couple of different forums, but I find basic information about gear useful sometimes-- specifications is what you'd call them I guess. I tend to use B&H for that but if you had that kind of information about a lot of relevant gear it'd be quite helpful I think.

The videos are really useful I think-- it makes much more sense to show and tell rather than just tell. That said, I'd write out a bit more to go along with the videos for impatient people.

Last edited:
Although not a website, I found that the Magic Lantern Guides are very helpful. The one that I purchased was specifically about the Sony a200. It is really thorough and easy to understand, and explains all of the various functions and abilities of the camera, and then shows you how to apply them in the real world.
They are approx. 200-300 pages long. Magic Lantern guides are written for just about every dslr camera made.
Just Google "Magic Lantern guide for XXXXX(your camera)" and you will come up with a list of places that sell them. I paid about $12 shipped for mine off of ebay.

Most reactions

Back