FD-EOS adapter

The problem with these...is that it requires it's own lens to make up for the added space that it takes up behind the lens. Typically, this lens is less than great...and it adversely affects the image quality. If you do have some good lenses, then it may be worth a try...but don't expect fantastic results.

Yes unfortunately you need an adapter with optical elements to use FD lenses on an EOS and retain infinity focus. It might be possible to use an adapter without glass for macro work. Otherwise I can't see the adapters being much good, unless they're the official Canon ones brought out when they made the change to EOS; I expect they would have good optics but not cheap ebay ones.

anybody ever use one of these? ive got a great telephoto with an awesome macro, and dont really have the money to buy another lense for my D60, so just wondering if one of those are worth my time?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lens-Adapter-Ne...ryZ79000QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I have one of those. You can get them much cheaper (~$11 - 15)
They are great for Macro shooting, if you remove the glass element. Otherwise, using it for normal shooting, with the lens element, will deteriorate the quality of your lens beyond recognition.

I tried an FD 50/1.2 on my EOS 350D using this adapter and the chromatic abberation was extravagant. With a darker FD300/5.6 stopped down at f/11 the results were much better when I did some landscapes and shots of the moon.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back