fd to ef adapters

thanks for posting. much appreciated !!

i'm guessing that at this point.... the adapter will be the least of my problems when it comes to our beginning shots :)

Since you're going to be shooting film anyway, why not just pick up an extra body so you won't need the adapter at all?

Canon Manual Focus Camera Bodies - KEH.com

It would cost more, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about any loss of quality.

Oh I totally agree. spend a few bucks and grab an old Canon body. I am sending mine to a guy I found on the web who is a retired Canon repairman. Fix the old squeal and do a tune up on my old girl. I love my 50d, and it is great to shoot, and get results instantly. I will shoot film as long as I can still buy it, and get it developed.

Thank you for the link, buckster......

Do these converters allow the aperture to work? The EF aperture is electronically triggered, where the FD aperture was a mechanical lever triggered from the body. How would that be usable on a EOS system?

Do these converters allow the aperture to work? The EF aperture is electronically triggered, where the FD aperture was a mechanical lever triggered from the body. How would that be usable on a EOS system?
They still have to be worked mechanically, like back in the "olden days" from when they were in use.

I understand that, but what causes it to close when you click the shutter release? I have a FD lens and an adapter, one without the converter lens, and it only shoots wide upen. When I turn the aperture ring it doesn't do anything. EF lenses have electronic aperture control, FD is mechanical. The aperture only closes if the second swing arm on the back side of the lens is moved.

I understand that, but what causes it to close when you click the shutter release? I have a FD lens and an adapter, one without the converter lens, and it only shoots wide upen. When I turn the aperture ring it doesn't do anything. EF lenses have electronic aperture control, FD is mechanical. The aperture only closes if the second swing arm on the back side of the lens is moved.
Maybe it depends on the adapter, but mine (with a lens in the adapter) has a ring on it that can be turned to change aperture. It is what engages the lens' aperture mechanism.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back