Febuary Photo Challenge

$Scan-120716-0005.jpg

022.jpg

History for me.
Not the oldest building I've seen in my life, but the baths of Caracalla were nice.

Not the best photo I have, but it was nice there. As you can see a lot of aberration at the sides, that's because I used a fisheye, and even then the building is not fitting. It was quite large, the Romans still had lots of space to build...
It must have been quite a mastodon of a bathing place.

New here and found this so I thought my grandpas 75+ year old barn would be good :)

$Barncopy.jpg

$408532_563800962695_1486471641_n.jpg

An abandoned old barge/crane along the Mississippi

**Edit: Just noticed this is a thread from Feb. 2012. I'm a little behind on the times. Woops.

Last edited:
I like! That's some history right there... =D

$StoneHenge.jpg

I just noticed this thread is over a year old too, I really should pay more attention to the dates. :lol:

Last edited:
BTW, for those of you that may not necessarily click in the root of this forum, but who are obviously interested in the challenge ... we're in the process of revitalizing it. Check out the sticky in this forum. (also in my sig)

First real post here, might as well jump right in!

This is one I took at an authentic Styrian armoury in Graz, Austria. It is the largest of its kind in the world and has been in that same building for hundreds of years. Flashes and tripods were forbidden so I had to open up that nifty-fifty all the way and use a 2 second timer.

IMG_4059 by mattdee1977, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back