Feedback on newborn pose

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Debating about getting this comp ready.... cc please!

newborn%20pics%20112-L.jpg

disembodied hands holding a baby....
in concept it seems like it would be a neat idea, but in actual practice, i think it borderlines more on the "creepy" side than the "i want to hang that on my wall" side.
it looks pretty soft on my monitor.
It does make me want to go watch 2001:space odyssey.

I will say however, that if this was the concept you visualized, you have captured it well.

in concept it seems like it would be a neat idea, but in actual practice, i think it borderlines more on the "creepy" side than the "i want to hang that on my wall" side.

I will say however, that if this was the concept you visualized, you have captured it well.

Wow..... k, the only thing I can say is that I assure you it is NOT soft. Go enjoy space od

Wow, that was nice and constructive criticism. I recognize your opinion and respectfully disagree with you. However, I guarantee that this image is NOT soft. I don't put out crap and you are more than welcome to take a gander through my galleries any day.

twocolorphotography

Wow.
Never said you did put out crap.
Doesn't mean every shot is a winner.
Don't worry though, I won't bother you with my opinions again.

Ummm.. I hate to say this TC, but it's not resonating with me either. This might be an image which would be appreciated by the parents, but I don't see it as wall-art, and I'm getting Pix's 'creepy' vibe from it as well. Normally I love pretty much everything you post, but...

Wow.

I will gladly take your helpful critque. You didn't state anything I could go and work on. I'm not scared of criticism, I didn't get where I am today by brushing off criticism, I'll take it, and I'll let it help me on my next session. I do, however, draw the line on just rude opinions.

Wow, this shot got amazing feedback from not only clients but my peers. I guess this one goes in the learn from it and garbage it file.
:)

Wow.

I will gladly take your helpful critque. You didn't state anything I could go and work on. I'm not scared of criticism, I didn't get where I am today by brushing off criticism, I'll take it, and I'll let it help me on my next session. I do, however, draw the line on just rude opinions.
Geezzz... lighten up a little! To be honest, there really isn't much to critique about this image. You've executed very well; the lighting is great, focus, processing, they're all spot on, BUT... I'm afraid, like Jason, I just don't find the image very appealing. If the client likes it, great. What do our opinions matter, but at the end of the day all critique is just opinion, and I don't think Jason was rude in the slightest!

Wow, this shot got amazing feedback from not only clients but my peers. I guess this one goes in the learn from it and garbage it file.
:)
Photographers are not clients and vice versa. I could pull out a half-dozen images which I've thought "MONEY" when I looked at them only to have the client go, "Mehhh... what else ya' got?" as well as an equal number where I've thought, "Should I really include that in the proofing session?" only to have the client love it.

Consider my humble pie eaten, I apologize that I got snippy. It did hurt my feelers a little whether it was intended to or not.

I agree with Pixmedic. The image is soft on my monitor as well.

The posing is nice as far as the baby goes. If the father's hands were more connected, it would be spot on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back