Feedback on this-- maternity shot

freshmeat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
$DSC09489.jpg

This was my first maternity shoot, it was my favorite picture of the whole shoot. What do y'all think

Ummmmmmmm... to be brutally frank, this does not really work for me. The whole point of materinity shots is to show off the belly and the mother. Given that you're so far behind her, you've really lost most of the impact usually imparted by this pose; I do like the sonogram print casually tucked in the pocket however, SO much better than sitting on the belly or such. Also, watch your backgrounds and exposure. The background has a lot of distracting elements and the shirt she is wearing has some very bright highlights. Consider using a fill-flash.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

This was my first maternity shoot, it was my favorite picture of the whole shoot. What do y'all think
What do you think and why is this your favorite? Is there a personal connection that we missed? The sonogram photo in the back pocket is a nice addtion, but otherwise..... meh..

Last edited:
Not to be harsh, but the photo is mediocre. The sonogram picture gets lost. The background, her shirt/jeans detract from it. You could improve the pose by having her in jeans and a plan white fitted tshirt (not showing her bare belly) and have her turned more to to the side and zoom out so you can see the background around her. That way the sonogram photo will be more in the center of the image and will be what catches the eye first.

Very point and shoot no thought put into it ugly background sitter turning away from camera who is the sitter ?

It's gone be a boy she's carrying him low.Thats what I see

The sonogram is distracting, imo.

I've never understood why people like pregnancy photos. Of course, I've never been pregnant either, so what the heck do I know. lol..

I wish I had done some maternity pics with my 3. It's something to have and look back on, like any other pics. I enjoyed being pregnant and if I could afford it I'd have a bunch more kids.

Thanks for the input, there's no special connection in it for me. I'm still learning and I feel like this is a cute picture. My eyes go first to the sonogram and then to the stomach. The background isn't a distraction to me. I do agree, I need a little more practice with editing. I'm new to this so I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the input, there's no special connection in it for me. I'm still learning and I feel like this is a cute picture. My eyes go first to the sonogram and then to the stomach. The background isn't a distraction to me. I do agree, I need a little more practice with editing. I'm new to this so I have a lot to learn.

She is dark and the background is bright. Should be more of the other way around.

I do agree that the sonogram gets a bit lost (dark picture blends with dark pants) and the bright background it a bit much. With that said, I do think that this is a cute idea that could really work if tweaked and delivered with other photos. Alone, it's not to stronge but it's not bad either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back