Feedback on this picture?

CjKelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$LifeLess.jpgCan I get some feedback on this photo?

What is your intent?

Pictures are all about controlling what your viewer looks at.

First, the cutesy frame is just intrusive.
Eyes are drawn to bright stuff, to in-focus stuff and to things that are facing the viewer.
It's not clear which mannequin I am supposed to be looking at.
The one on the top is very bright, yet I can't see the face.
The one on the right, in the power spot, is also bright, but again no face and is 'looking' away from me.
The one on the left is in focus, is sort of facing me but is more in the shadow.

I don't know what to look at, the pattern isn't particularly interesting and nothing in the arrangement is making me stop to look.

Oh and, in the future, you will get better and more help if you allow editing.

$LifeLesslll.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome thank you!
**** haven't really realized how clumsy I can be with lighting and focus points.
How about these??
$Untitled 8WEB.jpg$35MMSCAN2.jpg$shittersweb.jpg$Untitled 1web.jpg

1 and 3 I have no idea what to look at and what you are looking at.
#3 is like the mannequin picture.

#4 is really interesting and mysterious just as is - either on purpose or by chance. I like it.
#2 needs a little work, imo, because my eye just slides off and away out of the image at the top - but those strange framing things just complicate the image without adding anything.

$35MMSCAN2lllllllllll.jpg

It seem to me in #1 & #3 above, as in the mannequin picture, you aren't really clear what the point of the picture it, what is it that you are looking at, what is the center and what is the supporting stuff.

That's the most important thing.
Decide what you want the viewer to look at, what you want the viewer to see as most important?
Then concentrate on making that important in the image and then arranging the color, brightness, position of everything else to support that.

Look at this. This picture really works for me to show the viewer what I think is important and makes them see it. The cropping and the treatment support what I want the viewer to look at.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back