Feedback on this shot of my dog!...

cwindle1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(I like this) Even though I like this image, I would like general feedback. Feedback to help me photograph dogs next time. Canine photography isn't my area, as you know equine is but I do love spending time out in the garden on nice sunny days just capturing her! I think next time with Photoshop is to not 'over colour' the photo, perhaps to leave it more natural next time?

Edited:
$DSC_1014##.jpg

Original:

$DSC_1014 origional .jpg

(Resized to be able to upload!)

Attachments

• $DSC_1014#.jpg
    $DSC_1014#.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 116
I think next time with Photoshop is to not 'over colour' the photo, perhaps to leave it more natural next time?

Yes. Why did you "colour" it at all? Usually photographers try to get the colors correct.

I think next time with Photoshop is to not 'over colour' the photo, perhaps to leave it more natural next time?

Yes. Why did you "colour" it at all? Usually photographers try to get the colors correct.

I think it was down to wanting to give it a summery feel? I just like exploring different things on Photoshop but I know I need to tone it down a bit and act a bit more professional!

Its too warm. I get the summer-y feel, but look at the white on the dogs chest-- its yellow in the edited version.

Thank you for feedback :) I suppose we all have different eyes as I do like the edited version but when I click between them, I can see that it is over edited and the original does beat it. However, showed it to my mother who wants a canvas of the dog prefers the edited one. AH!

I prefer the original as well. Also if it was mine, I would see if it looks better by removing that far away wall from the picture. It's distracting me from the subject. Love the foreground though!

I honestly prefer the original here.

agreed.

what was the point of the instagram photo-destroying hipster preset?

The edit muted the colors, cast an odd yellow hue over the photo, and brought out a more distracting background.

Really like the foreground and I prefer the original.

I prefer the second photo, in the first the dog`s white fur looks yellow, also the second has better contrast to me eye`s

Nice :)

John.

I like the use of flowers to frame the dogs face but i'd like to see a little more headroom. She looks a little tight in the frame. And your mother will like whichever one you tell her you like, that's just what mothers do ;)

Most reactions

Back