feedback - sherman oaks, ca

Delcid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi, i recently went out and took some pictures of my neighborhood, and i'm looking for some feed back.

for example, are there any techniques you recommend to further improve my photo taking abilities?
I used lightroom 1.3 to edit and process all these pictures.

any tips or suggestions would be highly appreciated!!
thank you!
ISO 1250 62 MM F/5.3 1/20 SEC
cave30of172.jpg

ISO 1600 26MM F/13 1/250
vannuys-orangeline.jpg

orangeline.jpg

ISO640 18MM F/11 1/500

moorpark.jpg

moorparkx.jpg

<br>
all of these pictures are post processing.

Daniel Del Cid

I really like the second with the silhouettes of the signs and light s and wires against a very interesting sky. The first is a good idea but your eye is lead directly to an uninteresting plant, and the last one seems a little dark. But they are all pretty good and I like the way the sky came out in the last two.

I am wondering also why your iso is so high?

thanks for replying coldow91, i really appreciate your feed back and answers..

i was told by a professor once that its better to have more light so you have more to work with afterwards.
what would you have suggested for the iso
by the way i'm very new to photography so any insight is helpful..

i felt the same way about the last picture as well (being too dark) i showed a friend of mine that paticular shot a little lighter and he suggested i leave it the same.

any other suggestions?

thanks again.

um. your professor was wrong. Having more light to work with later...means that you blew out the highlights and now have lost all detail. It is best to properly expose and not have to worry about it later...lol.

Especially considering digital has a latitude of 1.5 stops...

Well heres another update
Feedback would be appreciated! thanks!
20080502-DSC_0299.jpg

20080502-DSC_0297.jpg

photostream
set-72157606557342823
set-72157606557342823

Last edited:
Again the ISO is very high especially in #1 but you've also kinda went to town on the saturation and detail is being lost. These could really nice pictures but they scream of over processing and look pretty fake. If this is the effect you want then far be it from me to say otherwise but I think a little restraint in photoshop could go a long way.

Again the ISO is very high especially in #1 but you've also kinda went to town on the saturation and detail is being lost. These could really nice pictures but they scream of over processing and look pretty fake. If this is the effect you want then far be it from me to say otherwise but I think a little restraint in photoshop could go a long way.

i totally agree it washed out most of the colors. i worked with them again and toned it down to bring more of the detail out.

20080502-DSC_0299-2.jpg

and then
20080502-DSC_0297-2.jpg

Most reactions

Back