Feedback

iAstonish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this on a day out with my girlfriend. Went home to get my camera to take pictures of my Jeep and came back to find an amazing sunset.

20i9kyu.jpg

2rctthd.jpg

Also, any idea on how to get more light on the subject in the first picture without taking away from/lightening the colors in the background? Feel free to post a suggested edit if you have the time.

You'll need some sort of lighting. Be it a flash, strobe, or just a light of some sort. If you plan on getting a flash (speedlight), be sure to get a diffuser as well. Otherwise, you're going to get harsh lines. I would avoid using the built in flash.

he took the words right out of my mouth. I found one that I got for my t1i that has a built in defuser it just pulls out of the flash and covers the flash.

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have made it more clear, I was looking for suggestions in post processing to add more light to the subject or bring out her face more. My bad.

Still looking for critiques and any compliments wouldn't be minded either : p

To bring out color you need data which isn't there (the camera did not capture it). You can get a little data back in under exposed areas (half an f-stop to a full-f-stop if you're lucky) by shooting in RAW.

In this case however the underexposure it not enough for RAW to have made a difference. What you can try if you have only your built-in flash on hand is to set it to a much lower power level.

Critique: The model's pose looks awkward. (edit: And no amount of extra detail / lightening is going to fix that, in fact it will only make it stand out more)

Personally I would have asked her to pose and would have used the opportunity to take a sunset silhouette photo.

To bring out color you need data which isn't there (the camera did not capture it). You can get a little data back in under exposed areas (half an f-stop to a full-f-stop if you're lucky) by shooting in RAW.

In this case however the underexposure it not enough for RAW to have made a difference. What you can try if you have only your built-in flash on hand is to set it to a much lower power level.

Critique: The model's pose looks awkward. (edit: And no amount of extra detail / lightening is going to fix that, in fact it will only make it stand out more)

Personally I would have asked her to pose and would have used the opportunity to take a sunset silhouette photo.

I will try the flash technique next time. Thanks

I think there's enough. Maybe not on the very edge of her face where it is really dark but otherwise you should be able to get something out of it.

I think there's enough. Maybe not on the very edge of her face where it is really dark but otherwise you should be able to get something out of it.

:drool:Wanna give it a whirl? I have the uncropped version as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back