feedback?

Maxwell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just starting photography and i wanted to see some feedback on this picture and what i could be doing better
thanks Brad
driftwood_by_xamdarb.jpg

also at the moment i dont have any decent editing programs due to cash flow so its unedited at the moment

Sorry to sound harsh, but this is boring. One of the best tips for composing a shot is to keep the subject out of the dead centre. If the subject of the shot is in the centre the eye does not wonder around the image.

Being a lake maybe a wider angle lens to show more of the nature rudely disturbed by this cable reel? The reel being the subject should ideally be placed at one of the intersecting point if you divide the picture into 9 equal square. (The rule of thirds)

thanks alot for the feedback, its imposible to get rid of those weeds infront unless i decided to go swimming, which i dident plan on.:)

I agree with both posts above, the weeds in the front are a bit distracting.

If you took the subject out of the center the weeds would not be nearly as distracting, and it would make for a much more interesting image. I would also play with the DOF and maybe use a smaller aperture.

just starting photography and i wanted to see some feedback on this picture and what i could be doing better
thanks Brad
driftwood_by_xamdarb.jpg

also at the moment i dont have any decent editing programs due to cash flow so its unedited at the moment
move a little to the top right and back way up. and add a little rain and you got a sweet shot. RAIN + Water Rocks!

I wouldn't of shot with the grass in front the lens... thats just me. Remember do what you think is good and what you like doing most of all. Don't shoot how other people tell you should, shoot how you shoot :er::greenpbl:

Also (thanks alot for the feedback, its imposible to get rid of those weeds infront unless i decided to go swimming, which i dident plan on.:)) its called a five dollar flotation device from your local store.. target/walmart you name it! :) Once my camera gets here im planning on climbing a building just to get a sunrise shot over about 50 plus apartments and I know I have a 70% chance of getting arrest or getting a ticket for it but im still going to do it. :) its all for the love of photography.

haha well i was planning on going to this place
radar_by_xamdarb.jpg

and seen the swamp on the way and snapped a few shoots, so i was not planning on that ha.
also i dont really like this shot as much but what do you guys think, i know it looks boring :)

I think it looks like a cool building, I think that the photo itself looks good. I would have tried playing with the DOF to see if I can pull more detail out of the building. Also, it looks like the sun is higher in the sky, a few hours after sunrise?? I think you should try to get beck there and take one at sunrise or sunset, the clouds that are there would have made for a beautiful sky at those times of day. That being said, I am new to this stuff myself so I could be way off base.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Most reactions

Back