feedbacko n recharable batteries for flashs?

devaji108

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
enloop...in fact if you use the sites search engine and type in rechargeble batteries (as i did) i think you'll find most agree on them.

Those are not the highest-performing rechargeables on the market, but the Eneloop designation DOES mean that they will NOT rapidly lose their charge when just sitting there, not in use...$20 for four batteries that'll probably last you five years...pretty good way to allocate your funds in terms of batteries I think. If you charge them properly and maintain them well, they ought to be a good deal.

I use rechargeables for most of my speedlight use, remotes, mouse, keyboard, games, game controllers, etc..

You know the initial extra and the electricity to charge out weighs the costs savings.

I'm sure many of us here made the "bunny that keeps on going and going" quite happy getting maybe 50 flash shots (in my 550 EX) before the recharge time became unendurable. Perhaps in a radio, the bunny keeps going, but not in an external flash. Sorry, Manaheim.:scratch:

But once we made the move to Eneloops, they really DID keep going and going and going...

Those eneloops have 2000 mAh but there are higher capacity ones. The thing about eneloops is they hold their charge when not in use but is this really what you need or do you need batteries that can hold almost twice the amount of storage power. I use 3800 mAh and it seems they last forever when i'm using the flash but if they sit for a long time you have to recharge them before using them...

aa rechargeable batteries | eBay

Here's the ones i use - 4 Pcs C F L AA Ni MH 3800 mAh Rechargeable Battery | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Long time Eneloop 1900 mAh minimum user here, and they work great for me. They're all I use anymore, now that I've given away all the other brands I've tried to my sisters who wanted them for TV remotes and whatnot.

I've got and use over a hundred of the AA size; 4 in each of 4 speedlites = 16, plus 8 in each of 4 speedlite power packs = 32. That totals 48 in devices at the ready, then double that for charged and ready batteries on standby, and another couple dozen or so for other gizmos I use. Then another few dozen AAA size for triggers and whatnot. 4 chargers keep me in plenty of power at all times.

Long non-use life so they're always ready, and a good shoot life from my experience. I haven't had any negative issues with them at all, and they've become the brand I rely on.

I swear by the Eneloops but dayum - they take FOREVER to recharge.

Most reactions

Back