Feeding

The hooked shaped talon sinks into the flesh then the barbed gripping pads called spicules grip its prey

I'm no scientist, but that doesn't look like a nose to me ;)

Beautiful detail. Keep 'em coming :)

Yeah jeez, the view angle looks like you were right in the nest! :D

You doing a great job with these! Keep them coming for sure! I noticed than every time you post a new shot the thread gets like 30 or so new reads! Those are good numbers!

So far 1 & 3 of post 15 are still my favorites. Those are just spectacular!

Yeah jeez, the view angle looks like you were right in the nest! :D

You doing a great job with these! Keep them coming for sure! I noticed than every time you post a new shot the thread gets like 30 or so new reads! Those are good numbers!

So far 1 & 3 of post 15 are still my favorites. Those are just spectacular!

Here is a rainy day shot, they like to prune in the rain so its good when it rains;)

IMG_3282s.jpg

I'm no scientist, but that doesn't look like a nose to me ;)

Beautiful detail. Keep 'em coming :)

Its not a good image and is rather nasty looking but at least I gave it a try. The rehabber / Vet never panned out so I got got in as close as possible and took a few shots. To get any better I think I will need a macro lens or a few mm on extension.
IMG_3544nose.jpg

Cheers Dan

Whoa! Great! Bird buggers. ;) What is that like a 300 or 400mm? The claw in #45 was nice too!

Post #48 is a pretty sweet shot IMO!

The next post will start a new page. ;)

wow - close shot!
must have been a pain to get that - waiting (I suppose) for the bird to settle on the nest and hoping that it would end up facing the right way!
Well done -- also been a while since an update - things going ok?

He might have one of those remote control tripod heads. Some of them aren't that much actually.

Yes, very nice nostril shot. I remember when you posted that, I meant to comment on it "later" then it slipped my mind :( I always enjoy your new pics, man, and look forward to more :thumbsup:

Utterly breath taking shots!! Its amazing what you did with this! Somewhere in the beginning someone said something about renting a lens? Where would you do this from?

Mark

This series of the Ospreys is utterly magnificent. Most of the photos belong in a wildlife/nature magazine.

The subject matter alone was most challenging, but the clarity and intensity of each shot was amazing.

Talent. Hard Work and determination-----paid off.

I have had the chance to hold one of these birds in my hands as a vet tech.

Would I be too nosy to ask where you shot these?

Wonderful work. What an opportunity---would love to have been along for the ride.

Thanks for sharing....

....[/QUOTE]
wow - close shot!
must have been a pain to get that - waiting (I suppose) for the bird to settle on the nest and hoping that it would end up facing the right way!
Well done -- also been a while since an update - things going ok?....[/QUOTE]

Thanks Overead I built a catwalk out to the nest and just walked right up to him. That chick has seen me or Keith everyday since it hatched so no fear. MOM was NOT happy tho. The series has come to end for this year as they have flown the nest and hunt till heading south for winter.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

....[/QUOTE]He might have one of those remote control tripod heads. Some of them aren't that much actually. ....[/QUOTE]

No but want one Got a link?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

....[/QUOTE]Yes, very nice nostril shot. I remember when you posted that, I meant to comment on it "later" then it slipped my mind I always enjoy your new pics, man, and look forward to more ....[/QUOTE]

Thanks The wonderfull comments make all the work worth it. Thanks so much for the Nom its a true honor.Ill post a few more.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

....[/QUOTE]Utterly breath taking shots!! Its amazing what you did with this! Somewhere in the beginning someone said something about renting a lens? Where would you do this from?....[/QUOTE]

Mark

I used a 70-200L often with a 2X The 400 2.8 can be rented from Penn camera for a reasonable rate but I never got it. Thank You for the comments

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

....[/QUOTE]This series of the Ospreys is utterly magnificent. Most of the photos belong in a wildlife/nature magazine.....

The subject matter alone was most challenging, but the clarity and intensity of each shot was amazing.

Talent. Hard Work and determination-----paid off.

I have had the chance to hold one of these birds in my hands as a vet tech.

Would I be too nosy to ask where you shot these?

Wonderful work. What an opportunity---would love to have been along for the ride.

Thanks for sharing........[/QUOTE]

Thank you All These wonderfull comments swell my head with grand ideas.. for next year

They were in Southern Maryland Chesapeake Bay the largest breading area they have.

I have thousands of shots to weed through, delete some archive some and print a bunch.

Cheers all

DeadEye:wink:

That chick has seen me or Keith everyday since it hatched so no fear. MOM was NOT happy tho. The series has come to end for this year as they have flown the nest and hunt till heading south for winter.

aaah sorry to hear that. Must be a little sad for you, I would imagine you got quite attached to the little fellows. :(

I look forward to seeing what you post next tho :)

He might have one of those remote control tripod heads. Some of them aren't that much actually. ....

No but want one Got a link?

I used to own an A&C PowerPod but that was for movie/video cameras. I modified it for 3 axis and I think I paid about $8k for it. It really would be overkill for a dSLR but I'll look around for some links that might be appropriate. You can also make one out of an older video pod with turn-screw positioners ($100~$500) or a old/cheap telescope mount ($10~$100) and a sabotaged radio control car. Probably take you about half a day to figure out and half a day to modify (if you're quick). :D

http://www.quickset.com/filebin/PDF/QPT20XD.pdf
http://47stphotoonline.com/eBenk-Automatic-Pan-Tilt-Tripod-Head/M/B000KNMGR2.htm
http://www.etronics.com/p-34324-sunpak-ap-200w-auto-pantilt-head-remote-control.aspx
http://www.shop.com/Adorama_Video_Motorized_Pan_Head-19657232-26998340-p!.shtml

Or something like that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back