Feeling crippled

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
When you are used to have a set of gears with you, and suddenly you lose one of them, does it make you feel crippled?

I sold one of my lens so I can get a replacement. I am still waiting for the new one to arrive, but I feel like I don't want to go on a photo outing without this replacement. I just don't feel "complete".

It's not that I always use this lens, but it's certainly a big part of my set up. May be it's just an excuse to sleep in.... I can't wait for the new one to arrive (Monday).

I do know the feeling waiting for gear...

It's sort of a cool creative challenge though, shooting stuff with a lens you'd never choose on purpose... Sometimes I'll just go out with the 50 on the body and not bring other lenses. You can get some cool results just from the process of making composition compromises.

Well, I sold my lens within 30min after I put it up on craigslist, and the new lens was delayed by a week due to a mistake on the seller's part, so timing was off. It's not like I make money off taking photos, so it's not a big deal.

My Dad used to send me out to shoot with one lens, that was it. What he said was, "get used to using the lens and understand what you can and can't do with it" It was just part of how I learned to shoot.

These day we use the expression......."Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are"

Most reactions

Back