Feeling nostalgic

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy that takes me back! I remember I thought I was the stuff because I got the floppy drive with mine! I typed thousands of lines of code just to play a bunch of stupid, basic games. Loved every minute of it though.

Before the C64, I had a TI994A if anyone remembers those.

EDIT: I remember subscribing to a couple magazines (don't remember the names) and they would have the code for the games in them and you would type it all in and you could play them. Then save to tape or floppy to use again later. Talk about open source! :lol:

haha!! Yes! the old 1541 disk drive for the commodore 64. Before that I had the vic20.

I remember those magazines well, and the code for the games was all in hexidecimal, I believe? I remember, like you, typing until my eyes hurt and hoping I didn't get any number or letters wrong.
Oh, and waiting a half hour or so to load the game from the tape drive.

Yep 1541. I couldn't remember it's number. I thought the code in the magazines were in a form of BASIC. I could be wrong though. It's been a long time. I remember it could do BASIC because I played around with creating my own lottery game and that was in BASIC. My favorite game was One on One: Dr. J vs. Larry Bird. I remember everybody thought those graphics were to die for. And you could break the backboard! Those were the days.

Yep 1541. I couldn't remember it's number. I thought the code in the magazines were in a form of BASIC. I could be wrong though. It's been a long time. I remember it could do BASIC because I played around with creating my own lottery game and that was in BASIC. My favorite game was One on One: Dr. J vs. Larry Bird. I remember everybody thought those graphics were to die for. And you could break the backboard! Those were the days.

You're probably right. I think I may be thinking of "sprites" or something that I used to try to type in, in addition to the little games. And yes, BASIC lol.

10 print "hello"
20 goto 10

load "*",8,1

And I think this is the magazine we remember: Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

Most reactions

Back