Feeling overwhelmed

Getting back to the topic, I was writing a long (and I do mean long) reply on how to figure out the exposure triangle, and decided to draw a picture (the one picture is worth a thousand words idea), and then decided to google the concept to see if someone else already put it out there… and lo and behold, they did and it was. Since it’s copyrighted, I’m including the link to the image…http://www.scrappersworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/exposure_triangle_copyright.jpg.

Found lots of very good advice on that site as well. So some browsing and perusing of the goodies there is probably appropriate for the “photographically challenged”.

Sorry Kundalini....I had been smoking...what was it you said? I'm just joking....anyways a HUGE thank you for your tip kundalini rice
Hey smoking weed isnt that bad specially with angry people like me. People can call me anything and I wouldnt care. Alcohol on the other hand hooo boy!

I totally agree. I just thought that forcing myself to learn manual would make me see the way that aperture/ISO/shutter speed are tied together and how I have to adjust to make it work for me. Once I get that, I plan to only use manual when I have to.

I'm going to disagree with Tyler_H's statement. I don't find that it's better for an inexperienced photographer to learn about the exposure triangle in a semi-auto mode. I think that once one has a firm understanding of exposure, and how it all works together (in addition to metering modes), then semi-auto modes are good tools if you prefer to shoot that way. I can't say I do. I enjoy shooting manual all the time.

I never stated for either way to be better for learning. I only commented for how some people seem to think there is greater value in their photo cause they shot in all in manual. Sure, shoot manual if you wish too but it can be equally relevant to use A or S depending on the situation. That was all I was commenting on. "Not always useful" is not equivalent to don't use it.

You said "Why not use the tools at your disposal?" And I said, "Why use those tools when you don't know the fundamentals?" That's all. End of story. It's more beneficial to learn exposure in manual mode and learn from your mistakes (or successes.)

Most reactions

Back