Feeling Snap Fright

Sarah Elizabeth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have brushed up on my photog skills. I am making contacts, taking all the right steps in the right directions to make a career for myself. Or at least I think I am! :) I met up with some great professionals that are willing to let me assist them in being a 2nd shooter for weedings. I AM SUPER SCARED.
What are some things you did to overcome stage fright. What if I don't perform 100%. etc.....What if I don't know as much as I think I do. Any advise from the wise? Any mistakes you made and learned from? Tell your stories please!

Myself and many other photographers I know...still get nervous before a wedding or photo shoot. It could just mean that you are worried about doing a good job...which isn't a bad thing. For me, the nerves disappear once the shooting starts...then adrenaline and instinct kick in.

I've found that I'm most worried about having all of my gear and that it's working and charged up etc. This is where it pays to be prepared. Try to make sure that everything is organized and ready to go, well before you have to be where you need to go.

Just do it!

First time I went racing in a sports car with my friend as a passenger I nearly creamed myself. Most recently I nearly fell asleep.
Job interviews used to make me nervous. But since I had to apply for vacation work I had 12 interviews within 2 months and now an interview is like having a chat with mates.

It applies the same to everything in life. First time I did a wedding I was really nervous. Now I'm a little bit better and far more content.

Cool thanks guys. JUST DO IT. right got it!

Well the beauty of assisting is that the world does not rest on your shoulders. I only wish that I had that opportunity when I sstarted shooting weddings. I had sort of a "baptism by fire" if you will. The guy I worked for took me on a few weddings (and told me he would take me on alot more) then called me one week and asked me to shoot a wedding the next weekend by myself I was petrified but I said ok, I did it and everything went allright so I guess I was ready. Honestly though fear, nervousness, butterflies, or whatever you personally get are all part of the game I think if you are not nervous you are a little too cocky because noone is too good or experienced to never make a mistake.

Most reactions

Back