Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
rework2.jpg

Im interested in particular in what (if any) kind of thoughts or emotions this image stirs in you. Just curious to see if I hit the mark or missed it completely.

1/640 @ f/8, with 70-200 f/4, shot in raw, and converted to bw via channel mixer. Lighting was pretty harsh.

Thanks in advance :D

Excellent!! Seems to me the trainer is saying "you are going to run today" the horse says "I do not want to run another race". As I stare at the photo I think that it goes deeper then that.

hmmm.....the trainer may indeed be talking kindly to the horse, he is looking right at him and his head is close. If anything, the horse seems distracted and bored by it all.....he may be tired, too. But those swiveled ears are very telling - he's not focused on the trainer the way the trainer is focused on him. ;)

And I wish I could see the whole horse's head. That's just a nitpick. :razz:

well everyone else seems to think the trainer is saying something negative but when i looked at it, i see the trainer everyday coming to get the horse, talking to him and caring alot for him almost like a best friend. He looks like in the pic that maybe yeah the horse is tired and he's comforting that she/he wont have to do much that day

Makes me feel like the horse is running its last race. And whilst the "owner" in the shot cares for the horse and is sympathetic to its career or even life coming to an end, hes seen it all before so theres a casualness to it.

Yes, very nice moment indeed!

I'd only like to suggest one technical issue: how did you want backround to look like? Blured background brings observer's attention to the subject(s), so I'd suggest making it even more blured (much larger aperture and faster shutter speed).

My immediate feelings are those of "comforting" or "consolation"... This is spontaneous and without any deep thinking.

The owner is telling the horse it's OK that he didn't win the race because he tried his best and did well... Meanwhile the horse is feeling tired and miserable because it feels it should have done better.
Do we know what was REALLY happening? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back