Fencing

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...and why it pays to have a good makeup artist. The shoot was a collaboration with one other photographer, 5 models, a makeup artist who also did hair, and a wardrobe stylist. Lighting came from a 600w/s strobe about 10ft in the air at camera right shooting through a double-baffled 34x44 softbox, a 320 w/s strobe at camera left about 6 ft up shooting through a double baffled 24x30, and a Sunpak 544 unmodified at the rear for rim-lighting. I'm just editing them now. I'll post more as I finish. Any questions, comments, and input is welcome.

shot1fw3.jpg

Another saying very nice work there - the first has a really great angle and feel to it.
I also don't know if its compression and web posting, but something in the face of the second shot looks plasticky to me. That is about my only niggle - great lighting work!

Her face was just ever so slightly out of focus, and the god-damned lab scanned them as jpg! When I said less than 20mb, I didn't mean 350kb! The sharpening and smoothing I did of her face turned a little plastic. I'll most likely give the shot another go as soon as I can find time.

I'm sorry but if you want it done right you gotta do it your self type thing.

Usually do. Have you never read any of my posts?

Anyway...we'll see what they have to say when they call in the tab on this month's bill.

Well one of the benefits of being on good terms with a pro lab is that you can deny payment when they screw up. I can't even print these. I asked for tiffs at least a few mb's that I can retouch at 100% without too much trouble. I got 350kb jpegs that chunk up on me. Hoo ra. Thank god I only need web-sized copies by this afternoon. But on the other hand I'm gonna have to retouch them all again once I get better scans.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back