Festival of Light (4 images)

deveel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

over the last few days in Berlin, they illuminated some of the famous buildings with colored lights. I saw some images in the news and obviously needed to go there to take some pictures. It's a 1.5 hour ride from here, so it is manageable in one evening. It was absolutely worth it. It was absolutely beautiful when seen with the own eyes. They made the colors of the lights match with the original material of the structures, for example, green light for copper patina, red light for brick walls, blue light for metallic and grey surfaces ... my limited photographic ability could not nearly capture the reality there ... nonetheless, here are a few images.

#1 the German cathedral ... if anyone can help me with the distortion here .. I can't get a hold of it in PS ....
dom_k.jpg

#2 the television tower, well, part of it. The tilt actually is intentional, don't know if it's okay ...
Turm3_kl.jpg

#3 the Brandenburg Gate from the east ... the ghost figures come from the long exposure ... kind of funny
Tor1_kl.jpg

#4 Detail of the Brandenburg Gate
Quadriga_kl.jpg

It was the first time they did this in Berlin and it is said that they're gonna do it each year now. The fun thing was that there were so many people running around with tripods and cameras, it was really a stunning atmosphere. People with cigarette box sized cameras and flexible mini tripods as well as photographers with medium format cameras and even stereo cameras. I have been asked four times if I could share my tripod ... It was a great day.

Have fun viewing it, I will have fun playing with the images and increasing the quality ... any tip is welcome.

1 and 3 really look great. :thumbup:

:blushing: Ooops. I did not even know this was going on. :blushing:

But I'm glad you heard about it and went there and took these photos - for yourself, for me and for us. :)
The effects are amazing and I am sure it was so much better in real life than any photo can express. Great! Had I known it and weren't Berlin a 5 hour drive from here, I would not have wanted to miss it. I would happily have placed myself among the plenty of other photographers (bumping into your tripod, maybe, heehee :greenpbl: ) with my box-sized digital and my "weapon" (!) - i.e. the mini tripod that I was not allowed to carry on board the plane to Stanstead in my hand luggage in August when we went to the TPF Meet-Up. Too dangerous!!! Oh yeah!

I like the tilt in the television tower photo. Without it, it would be boring. I like that one best of all, anyway, because of the colour they "bathed the tower in".

Though Brandenburg Gate also lookes great illuminated as it is!

Well. Everything does!
(Can't help you with the distortion. Sorry. Am suffering a lot under the HUGE amount of distortion my compact digital gives me ...)

Most reactions

Back