festival!

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those of you who are wondering.... The Inman Park Arts Festival was this past weekend in Atlanta. We had an absolute BLAST. I can't wait to do another one. I was so tickled to sell something for the first time - it's a great experience! My "box cameras" image was the first thing I sold, which was validating all by itself since that one was so strange to me when I did it. :cheer: Overall, sales were poor, though. I mean, the whole festival I kept hearing from other artists who would wander in and ask how I was doing - my booth was nearly continuously packed with happy festival-goers, and I think it appeared business was booming to other vendors, even when all I was getting was, "Your stuff is beautiful! I love it! So unusual! Can I have a brochure? Thanks!" and they'd leave without buying. :wink: But since it appears like that attitude was across the board, I certainly don't feel bad. The girl next to me did fine art B&W photography, beautiful stuff, and she said she did so poorly last year she almost didn't come back, but she was faring a little better this year, so it was very catch as catch can.

I loved my booth location - shady street, and I came to appreciate how important that is, as I wandered around and saw other vendors baking in the sun the next street over. That festival was huge and chaotic, bands playing, a parade, etc. Hundreds of people came out. I had my antique cameras on display, and drew in tons of folks like that, and I got to hear some great old stories as people reminisced. Those cameras drew a lot of smiles, like I hoped they would - positive karma, ya know? :D The vibe was just wonderful all weekend, and I had so much FUN. All the positive feedback from people was really great, and my fellow photogs, upon hearing this was my first show, were so encouraging and kind - like I knew they would be, of course. :D Two different organizers of upcoming festivals slipped me their cards and asked me to apply to their fall events (I'm sure they do this for lots of people but it seemed personal at the time). :wink: I learned I did a lot of things right, couple of things I could change, and am excited to get back out and do this more often. LOTS of fun!! :sun:

Yay! I'm sorry people didn't buy more, but at least you had fun. Just getting exposure can be worth it. I want to do one just for the fun of it, but I can't afford the entry/booth/stock right now.

Sounds like you had a great time! :D

Hey, terri. Welcome back. It's great to hear that you had a good time at the festival. I knew your box camera picture was a winner. You said it freaked you out so it had to be a winner. :wink: I'm hoping you post more of your "freaky" stuff or just more of your pictures in general. It's nice to see different styles on this forum. It adds some variety.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back