Fetched me a beatin last night

My head is still securly on my shoulders, I'll be fine soon enough. Thanks guys.

Running is the first thing you should always do.

I carry a gun at all times, mainly because of people like this.

I've had something similar happen. I was in downtown Nashville, walking around to get some shots when three guys came out of the dark and started demanding my camera. I took off. They all ran after me, I got down to a relatively busy area before they caught me. One dude pulled a knife, while the others were talking bout kicking my ass. So I pulled my gun and told them to drop the knife. Then told them to get on the ground.

Then I called the cops. All three went to jail.

The sad part was, I had three guys about to beat my ass with people just walking by. In fact, when the officers showed up, they almost arrested me. Because apparently someone was scared when I pulled my gun, but not when they saw a guy pull a knife on a cornered kid.

But you did the right thing. Don't feel like a coward for it.

Well, I did not mention this earlier in the thread but, I was on my way into work when this happened. Now I am not a professional photographer so a tripod is not amung my work related requirements so I seldome take one to work. I am however a Child Care Provider, That said carting a leathel weapon to work is...Bad form to put it mildly. I do often take atleast one camera with me just incase the kids want to go out and play or construct something cute but it's almost never a complete setup.

Exactly. The guy who got his car stolen didn't run and ended up in the hospital.

Hope you recover soon.

I don't think that guy had a chance, The beating I took lasted over fifteen minuets. I did a lot of fighting when I was younger. I was a bit of a punk right up until I was in my early twenties. Not only do I know how to take a beating, I also know how to maintain clear thought process wile in a fight, despite that it took over fifteen minuets to find a hole to get through. If the inncodent started anything like mine, the poor guy likely had his guard down completely at the beginning.

sorry to hear about that. why can't stuff like that happen to me I am always carrying my sidearm unless I amout drinking. See how manly and bad ass they are with a glock 27 screwed off in thier ear, bet the tone changes alittle then.

That absolutely sucks, I am very glad to hear you are alright.

Like was said earlier, don't feel bad about getting the heck out of there. No shame in a strategic retreat from an unwinable situation. I'm sure everyone around you is glad you got out when you did instead of ending up in the hospital or morgue

I almost forgot....The police have informed me that they do have one of them in custidy now.

Additionally on my way in tonight I ran into another victom of the two, He stated that after speaking with me he was aware of four inncodents.

sorry to hear about that.

That absolutely sucks, I am very glad to hear you are alright.

Thanks

why can't stuff like that happen to me I am always carrying my sidearm unless I amout drinking. See how manly and bad ass they are with a glock 27 screwed off in thier ear, bet the tone changes alittle then.

When I am out for various things other than to and from work I do have a selection of sidearms that I will choose from and carry, and yes the tone does indeed change, At least it does when staring into the the white end of a black 6D maglight flashlight. However carrying that thing to work is just a bit too much flashlight to be practical. I do not have a CWP so any weapons I carry on my person need to either be weapons that do not require a CWP or easily justified with a practical use for the task at hand.

Like was said earlier, don't feel bad about getting the heck out of there. No shame in a strategic retreat from an unwinable situation. I'm sure everyone around you is glad you got out when you did instead of ending up in the hospital or morgue

Strategic retreat is a good way to think about it actually and you are absolutely correct. Amung others my GF keeps telling me the same thing everyone else has, that "I did the right thing" but it was never really comforting, yaknow what I mean.

My poor GF is almost as paranoid as I used to be now, I have to text her and let her know I made it to work alive everynight now.

Running is the first thing you should always do.

I carry a gun at all times, mainly because of people like this.

I've had something similar happen. I was in downtown Nashville, walking around to get some shots when three guys came out of the dark and started demanding my camera. I took off. They all ran after me, I got down to a relatively busy area before they caught me. One dude pulled a knife, while the others were talking bout kicking my ass. So I pulled my gun and told them to drop the knife. Then told them to get on the ground.

Then I called the cops. All three went to jail.

The sad part was, I had three guys about to beat my ass with people just walking by. In fact, when the officers showed up, they almost arrested me. Because apparently someone was scared when I pulled my gun, but not when they saw a guy pull a knife on a cornered kid.

But you did the right thing. Don't feel like a coward for it.

I wish I could do this in Canada... If that happened here, I would be in jail longer than the guy who pulled the knife on me.

get well soon battau.

It's happened to me a couple of times over the years and it's not very pleasant.

I was stamped and kicked in the head by a gang of lads. Apparently i had "looked" at one of them further down the street. So i suppose i deserved it. :confused: I was very lucky to have been able to walk away from that one in one piece.

I wish I could do this in Canada... If that happened here, I would be in jail longer than the guy who pulled the knife on me.

(Not wanting to start a debate or anything...but I for one am glad "we" Canadians don't carry guns!! :D )

...And, wow Battou....I can't imagine!! :( Hope you mend quickly!!!!

Well hell that sucks. Im glad you only got minor injuries. Just take it easy and, let yourself heal. I hope they actually catch the guys and, send them off to jail. That way they can become auainted with bubba their new cell mate, who will most likely make them their honey.

Thanks guys, I heal pretty quickly. I am back to 100%. Both individuals have been identified, one is currently sitting in county lockup on several assult charges and the other at last check (yesterday afternoon) had a warrent for his arrest issued.

Well, as much as I hate that you were attacked, you sound like the local media in being unable to describe the race of the assailants... And, thus, they will live to fight another day.. If you were honest about the race and description of the attackers, perhaps we might catch them.... I like your work, however, I don't like your unwillingness to describe your attackers, even though you say you got a good look at them...

You say that you think they've both been caught, yet you fail, still, to describe them adequately, and you know what I"m talking about.. ..... This is sad...

Well, as much as I hate that you were attacked, you sound like the local media in being unable to describe the race of the assailants... And, thus, they will live to fight another day.. If you were honest about the race and description of the attackers, perhaps we might catch them.... I like your work, however, I don't like your unwillingness to describe your attackers, even though you say you got a good look at them...

You say that you think they've both been caught, yet you fail, still, to describe them adequately, and you know what I"m talking about.. ..... This is sad...

I know full well their race, they are both Seneca natives and I don't think they have been cought, I know the one was cought and is currently behind bars and a warrent issued for the other one after he was brought in for questioning. The Police department had to pick both of them up once to get photos of them for not only my self but several others to ID from photo arrays (because this city lacks adiquate facilities for a lineup).

Truth be told I did give the police adiquate discriptions, I personally do not see appropriate reasons to provide their discriptions to an internet community based on the other side of the world (Germany in this case). So the fact I sound like the local media is not unintentional or due to ignorance.

I personally do not see appropriate reasons to provide their discriptions to an internet community based on the other side of the world (Germany in this case).

Well said.. I lived in Germany for two years, and I loved it! It's a shame you had to go through this..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back