few for C&C :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some shots I got today at the park and zoo with my kids :) WDYT?

The Silenced Woman: I can see in this shot that I seem to have lost some detail in the stone. Any suggestions on how to not lose detail? I did play with the contrast, midtone contrast, brightness, and shadows in PP but none of them really did anything except for darken shadows... I think the detail was lost in the original unedited. I will post it if anyone wants to see it.
4516373108_ac8bf3770d_b.jpg

1/160, f/10, 300mm, ISO800

The Dying Tiger
4516370906_37b4204a3b_b.jpg

1/60, f/5.6, 300mm, ISO800
*This tiger isn't really dying in this picture, but she is 19 years old. I was told by a zoo keeper that tigers only live 18-20 years in captivity. That is why I named this picture the dying tiger. I did add a lighting effect filter in PSE8 and that is how I got the lighting look I have :)

No name:
4516370174_a56a9d3bd8_b.jpg

1/1000, f/11, 300mm, ISO800
I believe I had the macro setting on the lens on for this shot.

The Bridge
4515734291_387c14ddda_b.jpg

1/640, f/10, 263mm, ISO800
This was my attempt at abstract.. or something along those lines (no pun intended)... :)

Last edited:
very nice photos... i like the tiger

I like the last one. The pattern break is nice, I just wish it wasn't in the center of the frame. Maybe level it out a bit too, seem to be leaning left. Works well in B&W.

Nice group overall.

p!nK

I actually tried to crop it a little to the left of center...

Maybe I'll try recropping :)

The color didn't add anything to the photo - and from what I have learned, the best time to do B&W is when the color doesn't make a difference :)

WM is unnecessary. No ones gonna steal these. And later in your time period shooting photos your gonna look back on these and think "why the heck would i even want people to know i took those"

Lovin' #3, the flower. Nice job Sarah. You nailed the focus, and it's composed well.

You know I love abstracts, so I can get behind #4. It' could use some cropping off the left and bottom though, IMO.

Watermarks are distracting.
I hate to agree with JimmyO :p, but he's right. You'll look back and say ick...
Right now, you are really progressing nicely though, and you should be proud.

Most reactions

Back