Few from my shoots

brillliant composition holly, especially dad? and the 2 girls in the 1st series.. loving the angle and comp....some gorgeous little faces there too - did you get any closeups of them by themselves??
i agree with the colour/darkness comments above too and thought that Bowronfam3s edits looked excellent - WOW xx

Can i ask what mode and settings you used for the big group shot - they all look sharp and clear ~ i seem to suck at group shots!! any advice????

Holly, these are fantastic. Don't give up as you will just get better and better.

Love the shot of the Dad walking away with his 2 children and the edits are much better

well done

Jemmy I wish I could remember what my settings were.. I did so many pictures that weekend and I never keep the same lens or settings.. they always change.. I do kNOW that I used the 70-95mm lens though... Apeture was 4.5 I believe

Could you explain a little of what you did to so quicky fix these images? I am trying to hone my pp skills and I am still much slower than you make it sound.

bowronfam3 said:
Hey Holly! First I want to say that I think you have a terrific eye for composition. But, I think that your coloring in these are way off. The second set seems very gray and lackluster, and the first set seem very dark. I know that you said that the woman was happy with the first set, but I thought I would show you an example of what could be done to improve these in literally less than a minute in post processing. Also, the second set seems to have a heavy green/blue cast to them. Hope you don't mind me posting these, but there's really no way to explain what I mean...it's just more helpful (I think) to show you.

Original:

Edit:

Original:

Edit:

Original:
[URL="http://imageshack.us"][/URL]

Edit:
[URL="http://imageshack.us"][/URL]

Sure bogleric! I use Photoshop CS for all my pp and you can find a million free plugins and actions to use that really shorten the amount of time you have to spend in pp. One good website for downloading some great actions is:
www.atncentral.com

For the first photo I used the shadow/highlight tool, which you really have to play with and figure out what's the best settings for particular photo you're working with. It's very easy to wash a photo out or get bad pixelation with that tool. The other thing I do is to play with the Selective Color tool. It's great to bring back good color in a photo. In the last couple photos I used the hue/sat. tool to bring some color pop to them. And then I used the Photo Filter tool and played with the settings for the first warming filter. Now, I know that it all sounds like a lot to do, but once you know which tools will work better for the photo you're using, you'll be able to do it all in just a couple minutes.

I hope that helped!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back