jdh_5078.jpg
jdh_5106.jpg
jdh_5111.jpg
jdh_5115.jpg
jdh_5147.jpg
jdh_5153.jpg

CC always welcome!

-Jeff

Is this your child? If so: cute boy! Endearing smile he has!

Critique? Well, my major one is that not one of these photos is in focus.
The wrong white balance has already been mentioned.

ok, I have wb on auto, could it be post processing that ruined the wb? Yes he is my child (jeff jr). How do I make sure i'm focused on the subject with my Nikon D7000, I hear the beep? I am on Continues focus. Thanks for the feedback.

First off, auto WB isn't always correct. Second, if you're not locking the focus, then being set to continuous will make it keep hunting for focus. I set mine to lock focus once I press the shutter half way. Then once it's locked on, I recompose my shot and fire.

First off, auto WB isn't always correct. Second, if you're not locking the focus, then being set to continuous will make it keep hunting for focus. I set mine to lock focus once I press the shutter half way. Then once it's locked on, I recompose my shot and fire.
I'm almost sure that I did press the shutter half way, wait for the beep then I shoot. Am I doing it wrong?

Could be you're using an AF mode which doesn't really work for you.
The AF does not know what you want as subject, it 'thinks' for itself and chooses your subject. Maybe it's choosing the wrong things.
You could try other AF modes to see which works best for you.

The AF does not know what you want as subject, it 'thinks' for itself and chooses your subject. Maybe it's choosing the wrong things.

I am using AF S and AF C.

I'm not the biggest fan of this collection, sorry. The post processing is really killing it for me, as well as harsh shadows and drastic hot spots.

I'm not the biggest fan of this collection, sorry. The post processing is really killing it for me, as well as harsh shadows and drastic hot spots.
I'm new to photography and don't really know how to follow all the rules of photography. If you can give me some pointers then I would gladly take them.

I am using AF S and AF C.

Haha, sorry I think I wasn't really clear about what I meant. :p
I'm not talking about single or continuous AF here, I'm talking about the way your camera focusses: the AF metering mode.
Basically you've got the matrix, the center-weighted and the spot metering modes.

In the matrix mode your camera will look at the whole scene and try to decide what is the best composition and focus using that.
This is done with some complicated algorithm and in most cases works pretty well for a lot of people.

The center-weighted mode will meter the central area of your photo and try to get a good focus using that.

The spot mode basically is the same as the center-weighted mode with the exception that it uses an even smaller area of the photo to determine your focus.

I think you should try these modes to see which you like best in what situation, it might help you get a better focus on your subjects.

Most reactions

Back