Few more shots

anuragbhateja

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

I found this dog in Bhima Devi Mandir.He was sitting on one of he borken parts of the temple. While looking on his mood I thought he can be a good potrait and just waited for him to get into this position for i think 20 minutes.

This is clicked in Chandigarh in evening at around 7. The sun was almost set. At this time I was totally exhausted as i spent whole day in photography class. But tht day was worth enjoying the time.

He is my frnd and photography partner Ravjot. We were trying some experiments with shutter speed and this is the outcome of our trial :D

This is one of the broken parts of Bhima Devi Mandi Pinjore. As per stories this temple was destroyed y an earthquake.

Just guess the height of the monument :p

I wanna comment :)
great photos! I love the dog's pose, and I really love the second pic!! The third one I downloaded to use it as a background for my pc :)
the last pic... what's the height of the monument?? tell us :) I would prefer a (don't know the words in english) wide shot??... you know... showing the monument's full architechture... let us see the whole monument :)

Really nice shots!

Thanks santiserv for the comment. I will not tell the height now let others guess. :p

Unfortunately the focus seems off on number one.

#3 is pretty sweet. I might crop it differently though.

1) comp is very bad, frame is crooked, dogs in the middle and so is the horizon, the power line in the frame is really distracting, its out of focus, the background has to many glaring hotspots, It lacks contrast, and the subject is very small in the frame. I also Don't like the dogs pose, it's uninteresting and contrived.

2) Is also out of focus and the framing is very sloppy. The lights down by the lower left hand corner really bug me, and on another note I don't know what the subject is or why I'm looking at it. The colors of the sky are the only some what interesting part, but I could see that in just about any sunset/sunrise shot ever made.

3) The framing is also bad. There is too much headroom in this shot. Bring the frame down. His one shoulder is uncovered by the sheet (or w/e it is) and it bugs me allot. Also the subject is underexposed.

4) needs allot more depth of field, and a better sense of place and framing. The whole top half is out of focus. It also whould have been better if you would have waited for better light.

1) comp is very bad, frame is crooked, dogs in the middle and so is the horizon, the power line in the frame is really distracting, its out of focus, the background has to many glaring hotspots, It lacks contrast, and the subject is very small in the frame. I also Don't like the dogs pose, it's uninteresting and contrived.

Well I am still leaing stuff so need ime to get perfection.

2) Is also out of focus and the framing is very sloppy. The lights down by the lower left hand corner really bug me, and on another note I don't know what the subject is or why I'm looking at it. The colors of the sky are the only some what interesting part, but I could see that in just about any sunset/sunrise shot ever made.

This is the first trial of sunset shots. I do't have any tripod so it is not as per the expectations. This is the symbol is city chandigarh India. Chandigarh is 1st ever man made fully planned city. Here you can find more info . I am amature photographer who is learning everyday.

3) The framing is also bad. There is too much headroom in this shot. Bring the frame down. His one shoulder is uncovered by the sheet (or w/e it is) and it bugs me allot. Also the subject is underexposed.

This is what I did just for fun. Put the shutter speed on 1.3" and asked my frnd to move out of frame after a while. So this has some problems as this is only rial and this kind of effects need continues trials.

4) needs allot more depth of field, and a better sense of place and framing. The whole top half is out of focus. It also whould have been better if you would have waited for better light.
This is only a 1.5 feet high monument. BHima Devi Temple is entiry broken so do not have any piece higher than 3 feet. I was trying to get some shot which can gve it a feel of being vey high. At tht time if clicked on eye level the light was enoug. TO get this shot I placd my cam on the grass andby tilting the LCD I tried to get the focus. This may be the reason it got out of focus.

Well I am still leaing stuff so need ime to get perfection.

This is the first trial of sunset shots. I do't have any tripod so it is not as per the expectations. This is the symbol is city chandigarh India. Chandigarh is 1st ever man made fully planned city. Here you can find more info . I am amature photographer who is learning everyday.

This is what I did just for fun. Put the shutter speed on 1.3" and asked my frnd to move out of frame after a while. So this has some problems as this is only rial and this kind of effects need continues trials.

This is only a 1.5 feet high monument. BHima Devi Temple is entiry broken so do not have any piece higher than 3 feet. I was trying to get some shot which can gve it a feel of being vey high. At tht time if clicked on eye level the light was enoug. TO get this shot I placd my cam on the grass andby tilting the LCD I tried to get the focus. This may be the reason it got out of focus.

understandable, just keep practicing.

In what way bro :D

I think it's an interesting shot, with the sheet covering his face and all the vertical lines in the sheet, there are a lot of elements that would be interesting to play around with. I might try a crop that made the pic horizontal all the way across, maybe just include his eyes and the red turban.

Nice shots! I especially like the 1st one, I appreciate the patience you took waiting for the dog to get into the right position; the trees in the background finish off the picture well.

Sure I'd be happy yo give you the link... Tell me what you think
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u292/a5i736/

Really impressive.

I think it's an interesting shot, with the sheet covering his face and all the vertical lines in the sheet, there are a lot of elements that would be interesting to play around with. I might try a crop that made the pic horizontal all the way across, maybe just include his eyes and the red turban.

Nice idea.

Nice shots! I especially like the 1st one, I appreciate the patience you took waiting for the dog to get into the right position; the trees in the background finish off the picture well.
Thanks a lot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back