Few new ones from yesterday.

Tulsa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went downtown last night before the Hockey Game and took some shots of the BOK center, what do you think?
IMG_9038_39_40_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_9045_6_4_tonemapped.jpg

Cool cool, I really like the first one the sky is awesome and I love the light reflecting off the left of the building. Love the low angle you got as well. I would probably clone out the corner of that sign on the right though.

Who plays there an AHL team?

I didnt even see the sign on the right, but I think it, and the light in the second one could be removed.
I guess they are AHL, not sure, Tulsa Oilers.

I like the second one with the wheat? foreground. Nice!

I didnt even see the sign on the right, but I think it, and the light in the second one could be removed.
I guess they are AHL, not sure, Tulsa Oilers.

Yeah they could easily be removed with photoshop. And I just googled them and they are a CHL team :)

They look a bit soft, and also the colours seem a bit funny, like there is no black in the photo which makes it seem a bit weird. Are they HDR?

I like the second one with the wheat? foreground. Nice!

Not sure what it is, Could be Wheat, sure looks like it.

They look a bit soft, and also the colours seem a bit funny, like there is no black in the photo which makes it seem a bit weird. Are they HDR?
Yes, HDR, I am going to try and de-soften them

I adjusted colors abit and removed the sign and light post
IMG_9038_39_40_tonemapped-1.jpg

IMG_9045_6_4_tonemapped-1.jpg

It looks like you used a minimum of exposures to make your HDR since the foreground is still way underexposed. Or, did you tone map just a single image.

I like the perspective of #1, but not the distortion at the edges. That could be addressed in Photoshop by using the crop tool and putting a check mark in the "Perspective" box.

Edit: Apparently, the sides of the building are not actually verticle, my mistake.

Last edited:
The fix you did completly changes the lines of the building, the sides are almost vertical, not curved in like they are supposed to be. The trashcans and trees are crooked as well. Not sure what the reason for that fix was??
And I used 3 exposures, thats as many my 50d will take with auto bracketing, unless there is way to change that.

The fix you did completly changes the lines of the building, the sides are almost vertical, not curved in like they are supposed to be. The trashcans and trees are crooked as well. Not sure what the reason for that fix was??
And I used 3 exposures, thats as many my 50d will take with auto bracketing, unless there is way to change that.
My mistake then. I'm not familiar with the building and expected the sides to be vertical.

I'll remove my edit and edit my post.

When I do most of my HDR's I bracket manually, though it is handy to use auto bracket, it's not always necessary.

No problem! I might try doing it manually next time, Auto is too easy.

Ok, had some time to tweak it a bit more, think this one is a winner. Better?
IMG_9038_39_40_tonemapped-2.jpg

and one more angle...
IMG_9053_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the angle of the last shot, as well as the colors. I might burn the edges a bit and pull up the curves to give it more of a pop, but great shot!

Most reactions

Back