Few Pics

logikalone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is two examples of some of my landscape work, which still needs a load of practice. Im mainly a sports photography but decided to broaden my horizons. For the Mountain piece I used a royalty free image of some mountains and added a sky I brushed in by hand(referenced of course) using my Wacom intous 3 9x12 tablet and Adobe Photoshop CS2. the Mustard fields was a picture taken In Bucks County, Pa with a Gradietn thrown into the sky.

SkylightwithMountainssmall.jpg

fieldcopysmall.jpg

Edit: Resized Pics a little bigger, also If you would like an even higher resolution I have it up to 3200x2400, just LMK.

Very varied kind of landscape photography, good eye for the motif and also light, the only nitpick I have for both of these is the absolutely centred horizon. You will find that the horizon line put either on the border to the upper or the lower third of the frame will make a landscape pic look better. Try some crops on these to get the idea - is my suggestion. Only a suggestion.

Well, what do you think yourself now? Do they "feel" a bit better to you?

Your right, it adds a certain, how do you say, anchoring so the photo looks more creative and less generic. Thanks for the help!

Hmm… I would normally agree that horizons should be offset within the frame. But photo #2, with its yellow foreground and background green trees has a ‘other-world’ abstract look about it. I prefer the centered horizon version. It seems to fit this photograph well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back