few shots for C&C

myko5

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a few recent pics that I wouldn't mind getting some general C&C. My goals have been to really just nail focus and exposure. I have not really been working on posing, as I am a big fan of a candid style portrait. Besides, my kids do not really sit and take directions very well. Both pictures were shot with a D90 and 50mm 1.8G. Minor tweaking in PSE on an uncalibrated monitor, so hopefully the colors aren't off. Although looking at them both now the first picture appears to have a tint to it. ISO 1600 was because I quite simply forgot to change it from the night before. If I had thought about it as I should have, I would have lowered it.

$_DSC1759.jpg
Exif: F/4, 1/800, ISO1600, Aperture Priority mode, light from window behind me.
I used a very tight crop because I personally liked it. I realize some will say you should't chop the top of her head off.
$_DSC1756.jpg
Exif: F/16, 1/200, ISO1600, Manual Mode. AB800 set to between 1/8th and 1/16th. Camera right in a 47" Octabox.

Quickly edited in PSE to adjust for skin tone. The WB definitely looks better then the original.

$_DSC1759.jpg

overall they're good pictures. The tint does look off in 1. It might be my taste but her eyes look over done as well.

Thanks. Can you elaborate on why you think her eyes are overdone? I only ask because I did some tweaks to the picture as a whole, and nothing to her eyes alone.

it could just be her eyes then. They stand out which is good but they stand out a little too much. It could be my monitor too.

Pics are fine. Just some simple snaps but in focus. Now the real issue that needs to be addressed is to remember to check your camera settings. Thats a rookie mistake.

Most reactions

Back