Field house clock tower in Chicago, Neg Art, C&C always welcomed

seakritter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are shot in Neg mode in the camera, no P/P work, shot during mid day in the spring in Chicago. I thought it gave a interesting feel to the vines and the sky. I hope you guys enjoy them. I just wanted to share something different. Your C&C is always welcomed and desired. I have of this shoot if they are well received.

Attachments

• $image-1169800792.jpg
    $image-1169800792.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 149
  • $image-2092720970.jpg
    $image-2092720970.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 128
  • $image-465475395.jpg
    $image-465475395.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 129
  • $image-1895667059.jpg
    $image-1895667059.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 138
I didn't think I like negative mode, but these work. If I can only figure out time it was...:scratch:

FanBoy said:
I didn't think I like negative mode, but these work. If I can only figure out time it was...:scratch:

Thank you very much I'm glad you like them. I could have and did shoot this in normal modes which look to me ok. I was attempting to create some what of a more interesting shot, then just a B&W or a color shot, I went with the neg mode to give it the feeling of a horror movie. Which I felt came though IMO, I'm beginning to feel not many have the same fondness for them that I have. No biggy if you never try and fail then you will never try and then succeed, to keep trying is the key.

I think they are relatively well composed, I just find them physically painful to look at. If you want to go for a more "horror movie" feel, I'd suggest shooting normally and playing around with saturation, selective color and things like that.

zombiemann said:
I think they are relatively well composed, I just find them physically painful to look at. If you want to go for a more "horror movie" feel, I'd suggest shooting normally and playing around with saturation, selective color and things like that.

Thank you for your input, if we never try something different, then it kind of all runs together , but thanks

j28Photography said:
I love the way they turned out. The vines almost make me feel like I can touch them on the screen. Haha... great job!

Thank you so much I'm glad you like the seems like there are mixed reviews. I really like them, I did a whole series of them, I would have posted more but they didn't seem to garner much interest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back