Fight Club - Round 93: Results are in!

Damn close entries this week, well done by all.

1. Hot - OrionsByte (a much better executed version of the same idea I had)

2. Royal - Goontz (if we had a best overall pick award this would get it)

3. Scream - OrionsByte (love that you can see your face in the blade)

4. Paper - HannahRebekah (please tell me you didn't just throw that thing together, it's a cool piece)

5. Tradition - HannahRebekah (I can't think of anything more fitting for this place)

4. Paper - HannahRebekah (please tell me you didn't just throw that thing together, it's a cool piece)

Uh, no. My sister made it a couple months ago. It is pretty sweet.

5. Tradition - HannahRebekah (I can't think of anything more fitting for this place)

;) I was drawing a blank on it for a little while when I remembered this.

I had a hard time with some of these categories, but many were quite excellent.

Hot - OrionsByte I kept trying to heat a cup in the microwave til it boiled, but it would always stop bubbling before I could get a shot of it. Nice job.

Royal - Goontz That's just adorable.

Scream - OrionsByte Creepy. And the ISO mistake kinda played in your favor on this one, I think.

Paper - bentcountershaft

Tradition - bentcountershaft Unfortunately, I don't keep a bunch of beer stored at my house. This was really cool.

My votes (and comments, 'cause it's mo' funner that way):

1. Hot - Goontz
It don't get much hotter than that. I would have gone for Hannah's but I kept thinking "warm" when I looked at it, rather than "hot".

2. Royal - bentcountershaft
The entries for this category made me realize two things: first, thanks to bentcountershaft, I now realize I need to purchase some troll dolls to keep around for those really tough Fight Club weeks. Second, Hannah's picture made me realize I could have taken a picture of the margarine container in the fridge, because the logo is very similar to the crown you used. :)

3. Scream - Goontz
Because it made me laugh.

4. Paper - bentcountershaft
I love this idea and the motion blur.

5. Tradition - Goontz
You guys and your beer... :lol: I chose this one because the "100 years" was a nice touch.

3. Scream - OrionsByte (love that you can see your face in the blade)

Scream - OrionsByte Creepy. And the ISO mistake kinda played in your favor on this one, I think.

"Scream" was one of my later ideas but I think I had the most fun with it (well, aside from the paper airplane). Unfortunately you can't really tell that there was a LOT of steam in that room... any ideas for what might have made that show up better?

Getting my face in the blade was something I discovered on accident which quickly turned in to on-purpose. It was a challenge holding my camera up to my eye with one hand, while also holding the knife in the other hand and trying to get my face in the reflection but not the camera. :lol:

And I agree, the high ISO might have actually helped this one, especially in B&W with the contrast bumped up.

The paper airplane shot is the one I'm most bummed about in regards to the ISO. My neighbors must have thought I was insane, with my camera on a tripod and me throwing that plane at it over and over and over with the remote trigger in my hand. :lmao:

Good works folks.

Hot - bentcountershaft.

Royal - Goontz What can I say :lol::lol:.

Scream - OrionsByte.

Paper - HannahRebekah.

Tradition - OrionsByte.

1. Hot - OrionsByte
2. Royal - bentcountershaft
3. Scream - OrionsByte
4. Paper - HannahRebekah
5. Tradition - HannahRebekah

Results!

And we had our first tie in the new format! Here's the tiebreaker: Shortest elapsed time wins. (In this case, it was only a difference of 1 minute!)

Coming in first place this week is OrionsByte with 8 votes!

Second place goes to...Goontz with a total of 6 votes (61:36)

And in third is bentcountershaft also with 6 votes (-1:17)

The Categories
1. Hot - OrionsByte (3 votes)
2. Royal - Goontz (3 votes)
3. Scream - OrionsByte (4 votes)
4. Paper - HannahRebekah (3 votes)
5. HannahRebekah (2 votes)

Top 20
1. Chiller - 105.22
2. Chris of Arabia - 87.75
3. mishele - 87.24
4. Clawed - 86.94
5. O|||||||O - 84.60