File Type Question

dmatsui

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
dmatsui.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Basically i just made an hdr image in photo matix saved it as a 16 bit TIFF file then went to photoshop edited the picture saved one as a TIFF and wanted to save a jpg version aswell but that doesnt seem to be possible. These tiff files can be really big do i just upload the TIFF file onto flickr/deviantart?
I would guess that this would be a pretty straightforward question but i'm afraid i dont know the answer, hence i'm asking for help :)

You probably need to flatten the image before you can save it as a jpg, Layer - Flatten Image.

flattening the image? I'll try that, i assume that just flattens the photo in the sense that the layers and what not are not included in the save?

edit: i ended up changing it to an 8 bit photo which allowed me to save in .jpg
I'm just curious if this is the way i should be doing it?

Last edited:
flattening the image? I'll try that, i assume that just flattens the photo in the sense that the layers and what not are not included in the save?

edit: i ended up changing it to an 8 bit photo which allowed me to save in .jpg
I'm just curious if this is the way i should be doing it?

Yes. Jpegs are 8 bit. By the way, you don't have to flatten an image to save it as a jpeg. Photoshop will merge the layers during the saving process (without affecting the .psd layers).

Most reactions

Back