Filing Cabinets

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I did it finally. I sneak into an old somewhat abandoned mill in my town. It was amazing! I plan on going back. Here is one of my favorite photos!

Organized by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

I fixed my highlights, It helped a little I think. But this town used to be booming back in the day, now it's more of a lower end community trying to still make it. Old mills and machinery places all over town, that they just got up out of and left.

Last edited:
Great - I love abandoned building shots. Watch your highlights though; looks like you've lost some detail in the whites. Looking forward to seeing more!

There are three separate, and disconnected, pulled-out file drawer groupss seen almost straight on and so my eye goes from one to the other.
It's not clear what you are looking at as most important.

Pick a specific point of interest, even that set of 4 on the right, and use that as your main subject and then use the rest of the cabinets as sort-of reinforcement of the theme..

Wow! I'd love to have a rummage through that lot! Did you have a look at any documents, and see any dates that may indicate the last time the cabinets were opened? Cor, I'd be digging through everything in there!

As for the photo, it looks a bit "built-in-flashy". Was there any light at all getting in the room? Would a tripod and long exposure done a better job than on-camera flash?

Wow it really makes me wonder what happened that they left documents in the filing cabinets usually paperwork is the first thing to get.

Wow! I'd love to have a rummage through that lot! Did you have a look at any documents, and see any dates that may indicate the last time the cabinets were opened? Cor, I'd be digging through everything in there!

As for the photo, it looks a bit "built-in-flashy". Was there any light at all getting in the room? Would a tripod and long exposure done a better job than on-camera flash?

I had to brighten it up in LR. I didn't go through cabinets but some papers had dates back to the 70's I got a few pictures of little notes that they had up on their doors and stuff. I think I'm going back with a tripod sometime next week. It was a good experience.

Im so jealous! I have always wanted to do that, but unfortunately we dont have alot of cool old abandoned buildings around here. Post some more!

Im so jealous! I have always wanted to do that, but unfortunately we dont have alot of cool old abandoned buildings around here. Post some more!

I should have some more up tonight! I need to finish editing some pictures for one of my friends. and I'll post some more neat ones

I think your flash is killing the mood.

I like the boot, which seems to be retreating behind the other junk, but that bright blue strip on the left has to go - too distracting! The last one has some interesting stuff in it, but you need to pick something to frame by itself. (See Lew's comment on the file cabinets). Trespass creatively!

I love the control panel shot...I believe it has a lot of potential!

Man I need to move it is 106 degrees here...woowee..

Most reactions

Back