jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, all you '80s film buffs, this one's for you:

I have vague memories of a movie from the '80s that I'm trying to remember the name. Every time I ask someone about it, they look at me like I'm crazy. I know I'm not making it up, so hopefully someone on the Forum will know and be able to give the title so I know that I'm not hallucinating.

It's about jeans, but where the pockets are supposed to be, there is no material, so your cheeks would be sticking out. If I remember correctly, the beginning scenes are with the main character getting it on with his girlfriend, and for one reason or another, he needs to climb out the window to prevent being caught. He grabs a pair of jeans (which he assumes are his) and jumps out the window. Once he gets them on, they rip in the aforementioned places, and he walks down the street that way. Then one thing leands to another and they become very trendy and popular.

That is pretty much all I remember, and that may not even be accurate.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE someone tell me I'm not making this up, and that there really is such a movie!

eerrrrggggg. I know that I'm not crazy...I swear! I remember always seening the commercials on HBO back in the day when we had it, which would have been in the early to mid '80s. I was young and my mother wouldn't let me watch it. So, now that I'm old, and she can't stop me, I wanted to see if NetFlix had it, but I don't know what the name is.

I have faith that someone out there will know :)

Hmmm...well, I've been doing a search trying to find something using some of the keywords you used in your description...

I found this from 1979, but it doesn't have a description, and I can't seem to find a description when I google that name.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0194017/

Corry,

Thanks. I've been playing on IMDB as well. I don't think that it was that old, and I'm thinking that if it was on HBO it was probably somewhat popular...at least popular enough to have more cast members listed.

But I do appreciate your efforts !!

Hobbes,

Have I mentioned that you are totally my hero? You are so awesome. I worship you!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

jocose said:
Hobbes,

Have I mentioned that you are totally my hero? You are so awesome. I worship you!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

I am just a wealth of seemingly useless information. :D

hobbes28 said:
I am just a wealth of seemingly useless information. :D

Called "Anoraks" over here!:lol:

Anyone who's seriously into anything is called an Anorak. I think it's supposed to originate from train spotters in Anoraks dedicated to getting all their train numbers!

Thanks god this place is filled with Anoraks!:thumbup:

Damn! I consider myself a serious movie buff and I had no clue about this one. I'll let myself off the hook if it was just an HBO movie though. Don't get that channel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back