Film Camera for Black & White Class

couldn't tell you, been using C lenses for so long it's not funny. I honestly believe that with the exception of possibly the 250 APO, you'd be chasing a magic bullet. Ifyou can't get a good image out of the C or even the original lenses, then you should be looking at other causes, not the lenses.

The wides seem to have had the most improvement with the C series, gaining floating elements, I shot this with an older, non C lens a few years ago:

32a.jpg

16x20s from this are tack sharp edge to edge.

Thanks for the advice guys. One model I was considering is the Rebel 2000.
Used Canon | EOS Rebel 2000 35mm SLR Autofocus Camera | 2067A004

Would this be a good one?

One thing I noticed about all these cameras is they use CR-2 batteries, which look hard to find a bit pricey. How long do these batteries lost before needing to be replaced? One thing that attracted me about the Rebel 2000 is I can pick up a battery grip for about $20 that lets me use AA batteries. I already own some really good rechargeable AA batteries that I use for my digital camera, so I would probably end up saving money on batteries.

I have a Rechargeable add on for my Pentax ZX 5 which does Manual better than the N 65. Minolta Maxxum 7000 comes with a stock batt holder thad does 4 AAA, NiMh works. There's a less common AA holder. too.

I started with Mamiya DTL 1000 screw mount body. They use one 1.5 v 76 type Batt..and it lasts about 3 yr. You probably can use a DTL 1000 as a hammer and not wreck it. Mine after 30+ years with no special TLC...works great. 30 year...never failed ONCE....you can trust. I pickeed up a few more on ebay...virtually for beer money.

Minolta's X 370 is a SWEET cam that's aperture priority but also does manual as well as an all manual. The X570 and X700 have siilar good points and a few extras but I just like the layout of the X 370

The Nikon N 90 >>>>> N 65, and on ebay, not a lot more $. The N90 works with older N/ai lenses,N 65 won't.

Even better...Pentax ZX-5 or ZX5n. These are AF/auto wind/built in auto flash/spot meter option/prog AE etc...but have the classic shutter sp eed dial and so are happy to act like a K-1000...including using the same K mount lens. I like that mine has adjustable diopter-so I shoot No-Glasses.
I also like how I can use ANY sort of PK or even scew mt lens.

My ZX-5 has the AA Batt power unit..so can use rechargeables

Thanks for the advice guys. One model I was considering is the Rebel 2000.
Used Canon | EOS Rebel 2000 35mm SLR Autofocus Camera | 2067A004

Would this be a good one?

One thing I noticed about all these cameras is they use CR-2 batteries, which look hard to find a bit pricey. How long do these batteries lost before needing to be replaced? One thing that attracted me about the Rebel 2000 is I can pick up a battery grip for about $20 that lets me use AA batteries. I already own some really good rechargeable AA batteries that I use for my digital camera, so I would probably end up saving money on batteries.

CR2's run about $12-15 pair and some cams eat them. For a later type AF/Flash/AE cam I like those that can use AA or AAA rechargable. Minolta 7000 is one example. My ZX 5 pentax has the AA powerpack...which is why of the 20 cameras currently here--it ain't for sale.

Many older Cams did NICE manual and use the basic 76 type buttons which-on a no frills cam can last YEARS. My buddy forgot to turn his Nikon N 70 off...and $14 worh of batteries died in a week. the lone 1.5v in "OLd Reliable" my Mamiya 30 yr pal...has been good about 3-4 yrs.

The K1000 Pentax is rugged but very spartan and kind of klunky. My Cosina C-1 is a WAY better all manual k mount body---and cheaper. A bargain Pentax to look for, the P3

What DIGI you have can be a factor. I'd started with Screw mount....way back...so went to Pentax K mount and PK types. Will go Pentax when I get a DSLR. ALL my nice lenses weill work well on a Pentax DSLR.

If I had a DSLR that was a Nikon or Canon or Sony/Minolta and wanted to get a film cam-I'd likely stick to the same family

Pentax...my fav...has always been big on backwards and forwards compatibility.
Pentax puts the "shake reduction" in the body. Everyone else-its in the lens. So....your Canon zoom runs $300 and the Pentax can match that with 30 yr old lens that's just $40. Even my old Pentax SMC Takumar 135 on the Auto bellows (screw mt) becomes "shake reduction" on a Pentax DSLR.....bitchin'...and economical.

Most reactions

Back