Film camera for my photography class

so, would the lens I already have work for the n90s?
I don't think so but you'd have to try it to be sure. A 55mm lens designed to cover the 18x24mm sensor of a digital camera probably will not cover the 24x36mm frame of 35mm. You'll get vignetting. ...

All Micro-Nikkor 55mm lenses were designed for 24x36mm (aka Full Frame).

Whether the OP's lens will work with an N90 depends on whether its is the AI version or an AI converted version or whether its is an unconverted pre-AI lens. Either would mount on the OP's D60, but only the AI version or an AI-converted version would work on the N90.

I looked for some cameras like the Nikon FG, FE/FE2, and Pentax K1000 but i didnt find any for the price y found a N90S, so I got the N90S. I really like it. and the lens I had (Nikkor micro 55mm f/3.5) works with it.

Is there any other cheap lenses that will work with this camera??

Define "cheap."

I love shooting with just a 50. It makes me think about composition more. I used to hate 50mm because I felt limited, but a while back, I made myself shoot with only a 50 for two months to see why so many people loved it so much. It's since become my favorite focal length for my film cameras. I do still like shooting wide too, but if I could just have one lens, it'd be a fast 50.

Of course, everyone won't have the same needs. I think it depends on what you like to shoot. Specialized photographers, such as a wildlife photographer for example, probably would hardley ever need a 50mm. Portrait photographers might want something slightly longer. For landscapes you'd want wider lenses. etc...

When I am shooting wild life, I will be using my telephoto almost all the time. When I am on the street, in a festival or shooting people/animals etc, I choose 50mm. When I am doing landscape, definitely wide angle.

Since I enjoy street shots most, my favorite is the 50mm. I think it's a little more challenging to create an interesting composition with a perspective that is already natural to the eye. To me it's easier to get dramatic with wide angle or telephoto lens. However, 50mm lens often gives me my most captivating shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back