Film Camera interest

Totally run by the prime idea.:thumbup:

It can be a hard sell. When I gave my GF a camera to take pictures of her cat, I asked her to take a some pictures with and without flash.

These were taken to the walmart 1hour photolab and scanned in on my flatbed document scanner, so I wouldn't expect miracles, but I still think the difference is substantial and now she's sold on my belief that flash is evil. Of course, now that I've got a bit of university photog. behind me, I know that it's just on-camera flash that's evil, other types of flash being simply misdemeanor offences.

Contrastcat-flash_phixr.jpg

contrastcat-noflash_phixr.jpg

The only bizarre thing, is the cat. What kind of cat is so lazy as to get flash photographs taken, and not even really move??? SO DAMNED LAZY!:scratch:

So I asked my GF if she would like to start taking photos with me so that I would have some one to take pics with. Much to my surprise it was a yes! It turns out that she wants to shoot film so that she can just send the film away to have the prints made and sent back to her (she doesn't want to do the editing). Now which camera? I have owned the EOS rebel K2 and hated it, I was comparing it to my XTi though :p

I was thinking the Elan 7NE.

BH has a kit with it and a 28-105 f/4-5.6 USM lens for $490, good deal? Good Lens?

Another problem is the film...the only experience I have with film is Kodak Tmax100, I have heard that there are many more much cheaper, faster and with smaller grain then this. Any suggestions?
Canon stuff is all pretty good. I like Nikon better myself, but a lot of it is familiarity. You can't really go wrong with either.

As to value, I own several film SLR's but I have never priced a setup like yours.

LWW

Tomorrow I'm buying a Pentax LX in pristine condition for $150.

Edit: sorry. After reading the above post I just had to throw that in.

OMG.. that is steal!!! Mine was $400 bucks purchased a couple years ago. I'm jealous!!

My first Canon EOS was a Elan IIe. Wonderful camera... when the Elan 7e came out, I was tempted. There are significant improvements BUT the eye control thingy worked much better on my IIe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back