Film Canisters?

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone have any good tips of what to do with these? (apart from putting your film in them - as my brother so kindly suggested).

Or does anyone in Australia know where we can send these to be recycled?

Thanks.
Alecia

Once upon a time we used to gather up several hundred cannisters, paint them like Easter eggs, and have a big Easter party. Everyone brings some booze, and you put a shot, or mix a drink in each cannister, and then hide them in the woods. When the "egg" hunter finds the cannister, they take the shot, and keep searching. The person who finds the most eggs wins!!! and passes out.

Well that one does sound quite amusing - I will remember that. (Actually - I am thinking of putting these sorts of things on a website... ) Would you agree to having your post put on a site?

I've got few of them hiding in my camera bag. One has my 'Lens Only cloth. One has my bubble level, modified of course with a little piece of foam on each end to prevent it from rattling around. Another has smaller batteries for my light meter, Nikon FM2N, and kitchen timer (with foam inside as well).

Non photo uses for me was to keep a chunk of roofing tar in my pocket to tar my rear rim for bike trials, now I grind my rim so I don't need tar anymore. Most here that read that will be going "huh?" :scratch:

and uh, don't tell anyone, but they make great firworks when filled with the right stuff and topped with cannon fuse :taped sh:

As I was typing the post above, my phone rang. "Whatchya' doing?" said Nick. "I'm posting on the Photo Forum" I said. "What about this time?" Nick asks. I said "Someone was wondering what to do with 35mm film canisters besides throw them away". "Tell them they make great tupperware for your weed." says Nick. I said "OK............." :shock: "By the way, you wouldn't have any laying around I could have do you?"

Sorry folks, I had to post it. Way too much irony there. To each his/her own and I would never post about it because of the flak it creates on an international scale but this time it was too funny to pass up.

Oh, and BTW, Nick's girlfriend says a house key fits inside perfectly so you can stash or bury an emergency key, making it easier to find, and rust/corosion proof.

And that concludes Malachite's contribution to "A thousand household uses for mundane objects" :p

malachite said:
"Tell them they make great tupperware for your weed." says Nick. I said "OK............." :shock:

I knew someone that did that, :lol: swear it was not me
Also, Good for holding loose change; quarter only is about $7 US

They work dandy for storing small quantities of paint if your into building models.....or other small parts if that model building is model railroading

I found that they work great as hides for baby snakes.

Rosie-7.jpg

Jeff Canes said:
malachite said:
"Tell them they make great tupperware for your weed." says Nick. I said "OK............." :shock:

I knew someone that did that, :lol: swear it was not me
Also, Good for holding loose change; quarter only is about $7 US
Yeah.... I had this one friend... that would uh... do that too...

I use it for loose change... advil... cough drops

fadingaway1986 said:
Anyone have any good tips of what to do with these? (apart from putting your film in them - as my brother so kindly suggested).

Or does anyone in Australia know where we can send these to be recycled?

Thanks.
Alecia

From Saturday Night Live..."You put your weed in there".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back