Film cartilages in refrigerator

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to film photography and taking a class. I read the textbook on extending the films to longer life. Do you guys put your film cartilages in a refrigerator or freezer since we are in summer season?

Yes and Yes.

I always keep film cool/cold. That's what those big tray bins in the refrigerator are for.

If I have some film that I know I will not be using in a while it goes into the freezer.

You should also keep your plasma in the refrigerator.

And any spare "parts" as well.

Cartridge not cartilage. There might be a difference.

And to be pedantic, the 'cartridge' films mostly designated film types that had both the supply roll and take up spool enclosed in a plastic casing. Example are the 126 format and 110 format cartridges. Medium format roll films come in foil packets containing a strip of paper backed film rolled onto a spool. 135 film usually comes as a strip of film rolled up in a light tight canister with a leader strip sticking out.

I've had emulsion film stored in the freezer for extended periods of time. Just be careful to let it warm up before using. Best to process as soon as possible after exposure.

I keep most of my unexposed film in the freezer (whatever is not in my camera bag). I also keep exposed film in the freezer if it will be a while before I develop it (an example of that would be any color film - I'll wait till I have at least 10 rolls ready to develop before I mix up a C-41 kit). B&W, I usually develop within a day or two of finishing it.

I find that heat makes my knee cartilage feel better. :lol:
I keep the rolls in the freezer, year round.

I never used to, I usually used it up fast enough; but since there are fewer camera stores in my area and I'm buying larger amounts of film at a time, I keep it in the fridge now.

The best thing in there is my Chocolate Polaroid film - that's enough to make friends and family do a double take if they look in there.

Depends on the shop. The larger ones do in fact (or used to at least) do just that.

No because i never have the film that long, i have shot plenty that is 20+ years out of date and it is ok

Most reactions

New Topics

Back