Film choice

Ilford Delta 100 developed with Rodinal 1:25 ... my favorite recipe.

The most difficult part of developing film is drying.

... ah, who is developing your B+W film ?

I use these guys: Photo Printing Online | Snappy Snaps | Order photos online, Collect in Store.

KenC: I've been reluctant to try developing my own film. Isn't it quite time consuming? I wish I knew someone who did it because then I'd at least be able to see it first hand before trying it myself!

Developing black and white film is easy and not time consuming. You can develop 4 rolls at once in about 15 minutes.

Check out youtube for demonstrations of b+w development. They'll give you a good idea for the process. Price wise, you'll save a ton doing it yourself. It cost less then 50 cents per roll for chemicals, and the equipment cost is around $75 new, much less if you buy used on ebay or craigslist.

Yes, it is as easy as people are saying. There is a little more time involved if you include mixing chemicals and cleaning up, but it's still not bad.

Ilford Delta 100 developed with Rodinal 1:25 ... my favorite recipe.

The most difficult part of developing film is drying.

Why, what does it involve?

I have to say, I'm pretty much sold on the home developing suggestion. I guess I'll do some research and see if I can find some bargains...

Ilford Delta 100 is beautiful, my favorite B&W that i've used. It seems to be more "silvery" than Kodak films. I really want to try the 50 speed Ilford, but haven't gotten around to doing it.

I like Ektar 100 for color film if you like warm, contrasty color. I really want to try Fuji 400h. I have a freind who's a wedding photog and he swears by it. All his color images are shot on it:

Flickr: YouLookNiceTodayPhotography's Photostream

Most reactions

New Topics

Back