Film Choices...

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, ladies and gentlemen. I admit I need help! :shock: :D

Anyone of you shot pics in a tropical environment, such a rain forest? Coming from a very arid place like Arizona and going to Costa Rica in July is going to put me in a very confused state of mind. I am used to shoot color negs that tend to favor the reds, such as the AGFA, since most of Arizona has that tint anyway. I have never shot in a wet and very green, lush environment. I understand the wild life there is very colorful (especially birds like Toucans) and I want to use a film that will give me the best greens and colors overall.

At this point I plan to use 35mm but I might throw in there a folding MF such as a Super Ikonta A1 (4.5x6)

What should I use?

Any opinions, advices and critiques are welcome!

Thanks. :wink:

My suggestion/s ...

* For colour negatives, try a roll of "Fujicolor Superia" (pro) film:

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/ep...arent=PRODUCT_CATEGORY_467312&product=2300708

* A consummer grade (including a "Reala") is also available:

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/ep...nav=0&parent=PRODUCT_CATEGORY_234658&product=

* For really vivid colour - have you considered shooting chrome? Check these out:

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/ep...nav=1&parent=PRODUCT_CATEGORY_234668&product=

Have fun!

:)

è_

Although I don't shoot film much anymore, I can sing the praises of e_'s suggestions.
Both Superia and Reala are wonderful choices!
Very good color saturation.

I would personally shoot all slide film in the rainforest. Don't forget the warming filter with all that shade. Velvia would be perfect for the Rainforest. Maybe if you want something a little more subtle, the Provia would be a good choice.

Didn't even think of throwing Velvia into the mix.
Also very good. I hear they are making a 100 ISO version of it now.

So, Fuji it is! I will load rolls over rolls of Fuji Velvia and Provia in my carry-on camera bag, along with the warming filter! I'll be thrilled if I capture that lush feeling of the greenery in the rain forest!

Thanks to all!

:D :D

You'll do it, and I am totally jealous. :wink: I'd be packing all Fuji slide film, too! Can't wait to see the results....

Have a great time!!

i am also thinking about going to peru and visit some tropical rainforest. i've never been to a tropical rainforest before so i am just curious that, if i am in the forest, would iso 100 be a bit slow?

also, any special precaution i need to take to deal with all that humidity?

thanks!

ckshen said:
i am also thinking about going to peru and visit some tropical rainforest. i've never been to a tropical rainforest before so i am just curious that, if i am in the forest, would iso 100 be a bit slow?
Unless you plan on hand holding with a wide open apeture, you're going to need a tripod anyway. Why not go for a fine grained film?
also, any special precaution i need to take to deal with all that humidity?

thanks!
No.

terri said:
You'll do it, and I am totally jealous. :wink: I'd be packing all Fuji slide film, too! Can't wait to see the results....

Have a great time!!

Yeah, I'll have slide film w/me. Thanks for the encouragement, hopefully the pics will turn out at least decent so I can post them. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back