film developing enlarger

reds_21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My wife has an enlarger that is about 5+ years old. it is a
Beseler - Cadet II - model #3502.

If anyone is fimiliar with this model please chime in. It has not been used for awhile now and id like to see if i can get the equipment back up and running. is it cheaper to take it in and have it serviced or buy a new one?

when my wife developed pictures a few years back she always got frustrated because the pictures would have what looks to be a scratch in the same spot every time. so i realize it could be a scratched lens or something of that sort on the enlarger or the camera, but is it cheap to have these enlargers serviced? is it a waste of time?

I have a Beseler 23C. Mine was found in someones basement storage for years and grime really worked its way into the enlarger. Mine had a pretty simple design that was easy to take apart and remove the rather large lenses. I simply used cloth negative gloves a little alcohol and cleaned the lens. It might be worth just checking the condenser lenses yourself for a scratch. I'm thinking there is something on the negatives, camera, or contrast filters rather than the lens itself.

Replacement parts for the enlargers can get expensive and my guess so is service.

thanks usayit,

i dont have a clue on how to take this enlarger apart. if i did that, id be afraid it wouldn't go back together correctly, then id really be screwed. i think i should maybe make some calls and get prices on how much servicing it would be.

Honestly, I would not worry too much about taking it apart the lenses and light source should be fairly easily accessable. If you have the instruction manual for the enlarger I would imagine there would be something telling you how to chnge the bulb.

Most reactions

Back