Film Help

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Around here all the stores have is Kodak and Fujifilm 100 (though hard to find)200, 400, and 800. I really want to try other films but not really getting to pick up a single roll and testing it out I'm scared to order them online and then not be what I was expecting. I generally take landscape/nature pictures and occasionally sports at my school. If you have any good suggestions other than the basic film I have already mentioned it would be appreciated. Also a good,safe site to order film online from would be nice too. :wink:

Also I am going to Las Vegas on the 16th, I know I'm a 16 year old travel monkey, and was wondering what would be a good film to get some decent night shots there.

Thanks.

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Click on the store links at the bottom of any page here at TPF - B&H Photo, Adorama are excellent sources. I can personally vouch for B&H, I have ordered tons of stuff from them with nary a problem.

Take a look at available films and try a roll of 2-3 different kinds - there's tons out there, print and slide. Try a roll of 24 so you don't have to wait too long to see results and find something new you like. :) Good luck!

OP
vonDrehle

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks I'll check them out. Can you suggest any good film, or if anything a good brand. I've basically only been able to get my hands on what CVS and Eckerds has to offer.

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
vonDrehle said:
Thanks I'll check them out. Can you suggest any good film, or if anything a good brand. I've basically only been able to get my hands on what CVS and Eckerds has to offer.
Personally I only shoot B&W print film....Kodak, Ilford....and the only color film I shoot is slide film, usually Fuji - it's the best IMO, with Kodak right behind it and Agfa after that. But you may not be interested in slide film.

You'll definitely do better looking online; all you'll get at these drugstores is consumer grade stuff. You can get decent results with it, of course; but for more variety look elsewhere. :) Click the B&H link here and start looking - try a couple rolls of each to give yourself a feel for it, and take exposure notes whenever you can - it helps you assess things later.

Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics