Film issue or camera issue

acparsons

Photo Hunter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Ian,

Thank you for your reply. It occurs on the whole length of the film, as shown in photo 2, 3, and 4. On some, there is no leak, like #5.

Light leak, probably at the film door hinge. That your only vertical shot(dog wash) shows no leakage suggests your hand covered the leak at the hinge or clasp end of the door. Just a guess...

Last edited:
Light leaks are very common with cameras made in Japan, especially those made after the 1960s when they started using foam light seals which deteriorate in time.

Thanks for the info. I searched online and found a tutorial on replacing the seals.

number 4 can be caused by developing issues. but most places do such poor development its not funny. I honestly think the only film they can do is tri-x and c-41 process illford b+w

I planned on shooting my Yashica 35 next. Where were you able to find the seals in case I come across the same issue. I will try to post the results of the negatives after exposure.

I planned on shooting my Yashica 35 next. Where were you able to find the seals in case I come across the same issue. I will try to post the results of the negatives after exposure.
I've been trying to make my own seals, no luck, I'm pretty poor at cutting. You can get them on eBay for about 10bucks.

Most reactions

Back