Film noob question: rewound it too far...

epp_b

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.eppbphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I rewound a film canister too far and there's no longer a leader sticking out of opening. It had 10 exposures. I was taking it out to test something on the camera and was going to put it back in and fire 10 exposures with the lens cap on.

If I'm SOL'd, it's no huge deal as it was expired B&W film anyway, but it would be nice if I could still use the rest of the exposures. How can I avoid doing this in the future?

to avoid doing it in the future, hold the camera up to your ear and listen as you rewind. Listen for the film leader to come off the takeup spool. I've rewound an FM and I can tell you won't need to hold it close too many times, just until you can recognize the sound it makes as it comes off, The film makes plenty of noise in the FM ;).

Also you didn't mention the camera you use. Newer cameras have rewind modes. You can set to the mode that will leave the leader out automatically for just this purpose.

Well the N8008 he has might but I am fairly sure I saw something in another thread he posted in stating he was using the FM a lot of late so I am assuming this occured with the FM.

Don't buy anything, go to any one hour place and ask them to pull the leader out. They'll do ti for free.

Most reactions

Back